Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baby Cox Week 12

For some reason I can't get the photo this week to download, but the baby is still looking about the same. There have been some changes however! Baby is getting really big now...2 inches! The face is beginning to look more human. Baby's eyes, which started out on the sides of her head, have moved closer together on her face, and her ears are near their final positions on the sides of her head. Baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into the abdominal cavity about now. The nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly, and synapses are forming. Baby may have acquired more reflexes by now, including sucking, and will even squirm if I prod my belly, though I still won't be able to feel movement for several weeks. As for momma, I think my body is finally starting to get used to the extra levels of hormones because since Monday the nausea has really decreased. I'm so happy! I can still feel it, but it's not so noticable anymore and I can function a lot better. It used to be all I could think about because I was so miserable, but I can't believe the difference this week! The bloating seems to have gone down a little too, but my belly still pokes out a little more at the end of the day than the beginning. My clothes all still fit just fine, but I do prefer things that are looser so they don't press on my tummy. I'm starting to get anxious for my belly to get big. I don't know why, but it just sounds like fun. I'm still struggling to sleep at night. I toss and turn a lot and lay awake for hours. I have to go to the bathroom about 4 times a night now. Apparently my uterus is now big enough to fill my whole pelvic area and it presses on my bladder so I have to pee a lot. As for my food cravings, I still love cottage cheese and go through a container in just two days. I think the protien is helping me feel better. Last night I went and bought a super large container that should last me a week. I've also been living on some fresh tomatoes that Jeremy picked for me in his friend Charlie's garden. Although I haven't been craving chocolate or Ice Cream Jeremy thought I should have some and bought me a gallon of the new Dryers Slow Churned chocolate brownie. It's delicious and I ate A LOT. I recommend it to anyone. It has half the fat and a third of the calories so you don't feel quite as guilty afterwards. Fortunately, I haven't been really that hungry for anything so I haven't gained weight. I've actually lost 4 pounds, but I'm sure it will all come back and then some in the coming months! Apparently heartburn is something common at this stage in pregnancy but I've only had it twice and it wasn't too bad. Although it was a strange feeling I've never had before. Stay tuned for next week!

4 comments:

BreAnna said...

Oh, Sonja you must think it is a girl becuase it says "her head" etc. I love reading these update! Did you tell my dad yet? I dont want to say anything if you guys havent (no pressure) I am so glad you are getting a little relief from the sickness, I also cant wait for you belly to start poking out, mine is already and I am not even preggers!

Sonja said...

Yes, your dad knows. He was very excited and very relieved about it. He was always concerned that we were waiting too long, but I would always assure him that we would do what we felt was right. We see him at church every Sunday since his ward meets right after ours. He thinks it will be a boy. He always refers to the baby as Jeremy Jr.

BreAnna said...

funny, jeremy jr. I guess he thinks its a boy! I think it is a girl. I bet he loves to see you guys that often!

Dixon Family said...

Has dad told you yet..that the more heartburn you have the more hair the baby has?? He told me this when I was pregnant with Tay. I had never experienced heartburn before, only when Im prego. Tay came out with a full head of black hair! Maybe its true? I hope you had a great birthday weekend. The kids were glad they got to see you.