My how the weeks fly by. Next week I have my next appointment and then two weeks later an ultrasound to see little baby for the first time! Woo Hoo!!! Here's what's happening this week! Baby weighs about 5 ounces now, and he's around 5 inches long — about the size of a large onion. He can move his joints, and his skeleton — until now rubbery cartilage —is starting to harden to bone. His sense of hearing is also developing. The umbilical cord, his lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker.
Momma is continuing to grow as well. It's pretty gradual, but I'm not getting any smaller! I'm not getting enough sleep and it's starting to wear on me. Tonight I'm going to try going to bed earlier or maybe even taking Unisom. My Dr. said it was ok. I may just be tired out from a very busy weekend, not sure. I should probably just get used to it though! I'm sure it won't get any better :)
My hair is also losing it's curl so I'm kind of going through an identity crisis right now. I'm not sure if it's the hormones, the weather, or what, but it just won't curl. My hair has always been so unique and a part of me, that I'm not sure what to do without it. I think I'll try straightening it and see what happens.
I hope I don't sound too down about everything here. I really love being pregnant. I'm just having one of those days where I'm really really tired, my hair won't work, and my clothes don't fit. My skin is looking great though! It's clearer than ever and really does glow!
A friend of mine at work brought in his five day old baby girl and let me hold her. She was so beautiful and I almost started to cry! Holding that baby made me forget all about my silly hair and body troubles and got me so excited about my own baby! It will be so much fun when he or she is here! Praying every day for a healthy baby Cox!
2 comments:
Wow, I can hardly beleive how fast time is going! The only time I get compliments on my skin is when Im pregnant, funny huh? That is strange about your curl?? When I was pregnant, with both kids, I got these stange ringletts in my hair, they went away a few months after having the baby, maybe yours will come back???
girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl....oh excuse me I was just doing a little GIRL SPAM on your blog!!! Cant wait cant wait! (I like boys too, just so you know)
Post a Comment