Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What About Mom And Dad?

I know all of our posts are about Ty and pretty much our world revolves around him, but believe it or not, we do other things too. Just a quick update on what's new in our lives.

I am getting ready to stay at home with Ty. I am trying to work out a plan with CTMH that will allow me to work from home about 10 hours a week so I can have something to do and keep up on my talents. I've loved this company and really want to stay involved but I had no idea how much I'd love being a mom. I had no idea how Ty would effect me and my career. He and Jeremy bring me the most joy, happiness, and satisfaction I could ever ask for and I want to dedicate the majority of my time to them. I'm so lucky that I can. Our CEO will make the final decision on what my role with the company will be come September but either way, I'm dedicated to staying home and taking care of my boys. I can't think of anything else I'd rather do and I really mean that. I'm also still enjoying my calling as Primary President and hope to devote even more time to it after going part time at work. I love the children and love my counselors and really want to serve even more than I have. I've also started jogging again, and it feels great!

As for Jeremy, we're fortunate enough that his job allows us to make this decision. They love him at his work and he loves what he does. He's really good at it too. In fact they've already got the ball rolling on hiring him as a full time engineer when he graduates. They've planned for his salary in their budget next year and promised him a position upon graduation. That feels so good. Jeremy was also released from the YM presidency and called to the the executive secretary to the Bishop. It sounds like a busy calling but one that will bring many blessings and many opportunities for service and growth. Our Bishop is amazing and we love him and Jeremy is so honored to be working so closely with him. Yesterday as he was set apart some very amazing things were said about him and about this opportunity to serve. I know Jeremy is going to do a great job! He also finished up his summer semester and is looking forward to more classes in the fall.

As you can see we are always busy and often tired, but we're happy and healthy, and so blessed. Life is great at the Cox's!

No comments: