Wednesday, October 10, 2007

You're Number One!

Over the last several months, as I've watched Ty grow up in the blink of an eye, I realized just what a unique experience it is to have your first baby. This is the only time you'll have just one baby who will get all of your time and attention. I'm so happy that I've cherished every last second of his sweet little life, because this is truly a once in a lifetime experience. I'm really excited to have another one and as many of you know I've talked about having baby #2 pretty soon. Ty loves other kids so much I think he'd love another sibling, and I'd love another newborn. But then I sometimes stop and think, wow, I'm having so much fun with just Ty, Jeremy and I that perhaps I want just a little longer to enjoy the experience of just one. This will never happen again.

Not only will it never happen again for me, but for Jeremy as well. I've had SO much fun watching him with his little son. Jeremy loves that baby so much it looks like he's going to burst sometimes. When he comes home from work his eyes just light up at the sight of Ty and the first thing he does (after washing his hands) is come and hug Ty. Every morning he has a hard time leaving because he can't tear himself away from the baby. He's a wonderful, very interactive, very loving, very caring father and I know as Ty gets bigger it will just get more and more fun to watch the relationship between those two.

We'll know when the time is right for baby #2 and we'll be thrilled for the experience. Nervous, but thrilled. But for now, Jeremy and I will continue to enjoy the unique experience of just one a little longer.

Here's a look back at the minutes just after Ty was born. I don't know if we've ever posted these photos anywhere, but today I was looking back and remembering. I have such good memories of this day!

The first time I held Ty in my arms.

I'm so happy my mom was in the room with me when I had Ty. Just having her there was so comforting for me. Her support and love made the experience even better. I'll never forget her excited gasps, and tears of joy the minute Ty entered the world.


My dad waited outside the door with my two sisters on the phone listening. Shortly after I got to hold Ty in my arms he was stolen by my his grandpa. I had to beg and plead to get him back. My dad is crazy about his grandbabies and I apologize to anyone who didn't get a turn because he was being a Ty hog :)



In the recovery room.


Here's brand new baby Ty!

4 comments:

BreAnna said...

It's time, It's time, it takes almost a year to cook a brother or sister for Ty guy!! come on baby, baby, baby, baby, sending the vibe. (or did I miss the entire point of this post, "dont bug me about it, we will do it when we are ready?" ok, I will stop :o)

Sonja said...

Bre it doesn't bug me at all! You can send the vibe all you want :)

BreAnna said...

ok, good to know, I wont go crazy but I wasn't sure if this was an "I'm annoyed by you, so knock it off" hint post (which would be fine), I like to dream of baby girl cox and all her momma's beautiful hair on her head, Ty will make a great big brother when the day comes, his daddy sure does!and although I have no real experience, I am sure you will love having 2 as much as you love having 1.

Heather said...

WoW ~ I just got teary eyed. I remember when. My sister just went through that last week so it's really fresh in my mind. We would also like another baby. I guess we could be baby hungry together:)