Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thank You

I love Thanksgiving. I love how simple it is. It's a time for us to just be thankful.(and eat) There are no gifts, no lights, no massive marketing campaigns, no Santa, none of that. It's just pure and simple. Originally a time to celebrate and give thanks for the annual harvest, and now a time to celebrate and give thanks for the continual blessings our lives harvest each day.

Although I'm thankful every day for what I have been given, I appreciate a special day to really focus on and reflect on just how much I have. And I have been given much. So very much. I feel like the richest person in the world.

I could go on and on sharing all the things I'm thankful for but will focus on just the three most important, because it is from these three that everything else comes.

1. My sweet baby boy. I won't even try to describe with words my gratitude for the experience of being his mother because words can't do it justice. I can't explain how my heart feels. But it feels overwhelmed with love and appreciation. I'm thankful he's healthy. I'm thankful he's happy. I'm thankful he's so much fun. I'm thankful I love every second of being his mother. I'm thankful that giving up my great career and the great salary were easy for me. I'm thankful I can stay home and focus on the things that are really important to me. I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to experience motherhood. I"m thankful that I find so much joy and happiness in it.



2. My AMAZING husband. Again, I can't fully describe here how I feel about Jeremy. I waited a long time to find him. And it was worth every minute, every day, every month, and every year. I would have waited until I was 80 to get married if I knew he was at the end of it all. In fact I did know that. Heavenly Father let me know very early on that he had someone very special for me and that it would take a little while for me to find him. And because of that waiting was really no big deal at all.

I'm thankful he loves me so much and never makes me question that love. Ever. I'm thankful he shows his love for me through his actions and his words. I'm thankful he works so hard, harder than anyone I've every known, to provide everything our family needs. I'm thankful he's such a great father to Ty. I'm thankful for his calming, peaceful personality. I'm thankful that he literally fixes everything. From a bad day to a broken down car, to a dishwasher, he can and does fix it all! I'm thankful that he makes every thing better. Everything in our home, in our lives, and in our hearts. I'm thankful he sees the best in me and that everything he does is to help me be my very best. I'm thankful he spent his whole life being his very best and making the right decisions that helped him become the best husband and father for our family.



3. My Heavenly Father and His Son. I'm thankful for my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to really know Him and love Him and feel His influence in my life daily. I'm thankful that He loves me and knows me and wants to influence my life daily. I'm thankful that he allows me the opportunity to speak with Him whenever I want and I cherish and love those conversations. I'm thankful He speaks back to me and comforts me with His guidance and love. I'm thankful He's blessed me so richly and helped me make decisions throughout my entire life that brought me the maximum amount of happiness. I'm thankful for the AMAZING experiences He's blessed me with. I've had such a fun and full life. A life full of incredible adventures, experiences, and opportunities that I'd never been able to experience on my own. But because of Him I have had rich opportunities to learn and grow and become the person I am today. I'm thankful He loved me enough to send His Son. That through Him I can return to my Father someday. That through Him I can find peace and comfort from any pain or sorrow I sometimes feel throughout my life. That through Him my burdens are made light. I'm thankful for His Son who I can look to as the perfect example of how to live and love others. I'm thankful that through His Son I can speak to Him, know him personally, and become more like Him.

It is to my Father in Heaven that I give all my thanks. It is because of Him that I have everything. It is because of Him that I have a beautiful son and loving husband and incredible families. I give all the glory to Him for who I am, what I've experienced, who I've become, what I've been blessed with, and who I'm yet to become. Everything I have is because of Him and I'm so thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Arah Debra said...

I love this post. You said you can't fully describe how thankful you are, but I have to say you did a pretty good job.

BreAnna said...

this is so sweet sonja, you do have a great life surrounded by your great boys! The best part about it is how much you appriciate it!