I just want to record some of the fun things Ty can do now that he's one! Each and every stage of his life has been so fun I don't think I can pick a favorite, they are all equally fascinating and exciting.
Right now I feel like he's learning at such a fast rate. It's amazing what he picks up and how you can just look in his eyes and see his little brain processing everything around him. It's really amazing!
These are his favorite things to do....
1. Read. By far, his number one favorite activity. Perhaps he takes after his Auntie Bre. He just loves books and if you put a stack of books on the floor and a pile of toys, he'll go for the books. And he always turns them right side up. We've tested this and he really knows.
2. Talk. Ty is so vocal. We just love it! Sometimes this is not a good thing. Rarely are we able to sit through an entire Sacrament meeting. He just talks and talks and talks. He often tries to say the words he hears and these are the one's he can say:
nana...banana
go...dog
momma....mom, and all the pictures on the walls and a fun noise
dada....dad, and just a fun noise to make
coca...clock
AHHHHdodoo....cocka doodle do
caka...cracker
book...book
sooze...shoes
moo....cow
baa...ball
bood...bird
fsss...fish
bye bye...bye bye (with a wave)
wawa...hello (with a wave or the phone held up to the back of his neck)
nah nah...night night
papa...just a word from a favorite song from music class
and a hundred other nonsense words that he says all day long. He's so cute.
3. He can point to his eyes, ears, mouth and nose. He sometimes gets a little confused still but he's pretty darn good at it.
4. He can point out objects on the pages of books or around the house.
5. He can stand on his own for several seconds, but has yet to take any steps on his own. He doesn't even really "cruise" that much, he just crawls all over, pulls himself up, and then sits back down and crawls again. However, if mom or dad are holding his hands he RUNS!
6. He still loves long walks in the stroller. Whenever we go in the stroller Ty just zones out. It's like he's in a trance. It's nice because he's quiet for a few minutes. Although I love his cute little voice :)
7. He dances. He really gets down! Every time he hears music he just starts movin and shakin. So cute. Here he is dancing to a radio station he found all on his own. Check it out...
8. He drinks milk from a sippy now. We're officially not nursing and have successfully skipped the bottle. Good job Ty!

9. He's barely fitting into 12 month clothes. Still a little too big, but his 9 months are still a little too small so we roll up his 12 mo. pants and keep going.
10. He's still in a rear facing car seat but I think another month and we'll be front facing! Woo hoo!
11. He's now sleeping 10 hours at night. I know I shouldn't complain since he's always slept at least 8 hours, but it's nice to have one more than we've had the last two or three months.
12. He laughs all the time. And it's not a cute little giggle. It's a full on loud, head thrown back, LAUGH! He's so happy.
13. He also started throwing little tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He gets over them quickly, but this is not so cute. He's testing me. I will prevail.
14. He copies us. He is always imitating us, which is both cute and scary. I better be on my best behavior! Like yesterday I took a big drink of water and said "ahhh" afterwards. For the rest of the afternoon whenever he drank out of his sippy he said "ahhh". I've also had a cough for about a week and whenever he hears me cough he does the funniest fake cough I've ever heard. Hilarious!
15. Throwing things. He's got an arm! He loves to throw balls, sippies, anything really. One of his favorite activities lately is sitting on the bottom step of the front porch with a pile of rocks and throwing them onto the walk way. Perhaps I'll regret letting him do this but for now it entertains him for quite some time.
16. He's so snuggly. Whenever he gets a soft toy or a pillow, or just mommy's shoulder, he lays his head on it and says "ahhhh". It's so adorable. Except when he does this on the dog's pillow or the kitchen rug.
17. He still makes funny faces all the time! What would we do without that little scrunchy nose?
6 comments:
Oh my heavens! What a cute little boy! He is so smart!!
~Preds Girl
it's amazing how they go from knowing nothing to picking up on everything. you do a really good job translating his words. isn't it so much fun. i wouldn't push the walking thing either......once they walk your life changes forever.
Wow! He is quite the accomplished little boy! If that resume came across my desk, I would hire him. Cute kid you have there!
He really does have the best faces! I love that he loves to read, definitely a boy after my own heart!
I love that your on the ball about your posts and recording everything Ty does. I wish I could be as good as you. Did you know that you can publish your blog into a book from blurb.com. Kim's friend did it and its pretty inexpensive.
Wow, I'm impressed he says so many words already, and isn't walking! I think that's kind of unusual for a little boy without siblings (not the walking part, but the talking so much so early part). Way to go, Ty!
Post a Comment