I recently read an article that talked about routines for babies and how important they are. They provide security and predictability. But then the article took the routine idea one step further and talked about the importance of rituals. Rituals, it said, increase the bond between a baby and his parents. And Jeremy, unknowingly, has created rituals with Ty that have developed an unbreakable bond between the two.Every morning before Jeremy goes to work he takes Ty for a walk outside around the house. It's not a long walk, but they spend a good 10-15 minutes, sometimes longer, participating in this ritual together. They check the garden, and all the flowers, catch snails, pick weeds, make sure the sprinklers are working, and just explore the world. Ty sits perched on dads arm and is just still for the entire time. His eyes just fascinated by every aspect of the yard they explore. Ty looks forward to this time with daddy every morning! And they usually return with a flower for mommy.
Ty seems to want to do whatever daddy is doing. Whether it's eating a corn dog or an ice cream cone....

(This might be part of why he likes daddy so much!)Or working on the computer.....
Last night I came home from a Primary activity to find Jeremy scrubbing the stove and Ty had a scrub brush working on the kitchen floor. I love how much he loves his dad. And I love how much his dad loves him!He just can't get enough of his dad!
7 comments:
That is so sweet! It really is fun to watch the bond between father and son.
Man my sisters make some dang cute babies!!!!
Awe. This is seriously such a sweet blog entry!
How cute is that. Isn't it fun to watch the man you love interact with the child you love. Love is an amazing thing. You have such a sweet family
I love the computer picture! Ty looks like he is just trying to figure out what is so cool about it!
Oh my goodness, Ty is too cute! I love how he is becoming a little daddy's boy! I think that's great!
I love this post and I love your perspective on life... you are so positive and always find the best things to write about. Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment