Our sixteen month old boy is growing so much every day. Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I can't believe I'm the mother of a toddler! It's all gone by so fast and has been so much fun. As you can see from the photo above, he's really exploring his world!
Right now is a fun age. Ty is picking up new things every minute of every day and it's amazing to watch him learn. Today he showed me the colors green, blue, and purple, which is his favorite one to say. He also refers to all letters as P or T and all numbers are 2. He often walks around saying "one, two". I have a feeling he'll soon be rattling off his alphabet and counting to 10.
He also had a check up today and here are the latest stats:
Weight 21.13lb 10% (yahoo! he's broken the 5% he's been in since 9 months.)
Height 31 in. 33% (He's been 15% since 9 months.)
Head 41 cm. 89% (His head has been 98 since 9 months.)
Ty has always talked a lot but I thought he was pretty normal for his age. Turns out he's quite advanced in that area, who knew? Maybe he took his time crawling and walking because he was practicing his talking instead? I guess a typical 18 month old should be able to say about 5 words (although most I know say a lot more than 5). Ty can say anything you ask him to so I stopped counting. Must be all that reading he enjoys several times a day.
I was thrilled yesterday when he told me what he wanted to eat. I can see how this is going to be great when he can communicate to me his needs! He walked in the kitchen, pointed at the fridge and said "cheese peez!" Which means "I'd like a slice of cheese please." How nice is that?!
We also got a membership to the community center near us and have been swimming in the evenings. It's really been nice! We go right after dinner and spend an hour. Ty was nervous at first, but is beginning to enjoy the pool and become more confident each day. We have so much fun with him at the pool we can hardly stand it. He splashes and squeals and dances to the music they play.
Every day Jeremy and I say our prayers of thanks for the joy Ty brings into our lives. We can't image life without him and are amazed at the incredible amount of fun and happiness he's brought to us in the short 16 months he's been here. We are so in love with this little guy I'm sure people watching us must think we're completely obsessed. But hey, what's wrong with that?
4 comments:
Ya know, I'm obsessed with my little guy, too. And I think that that's how mom's are supposed to be! We grew this human inside our bodies for 40 weeks and we should be darn proud of it, if you ask me!
Sonja,
I have been enjoying your blogs. I am so glad that you are so obviously happy and have so much joy in your life.
Love,
Aunt Tammy
You are a great example of enjoying motherhood. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in just keeping track of all of them, I forget to sit back and enjoy them. Thanks for always reminding me to relax and enjoy!! You're a great blogger. (and everything else, but I won't go on and on about that)
Hey there!
First, I LOVE your flowers!!! We're gone for the summer, so I didn't dare plant too much for our renters to water. It's fun to enjoy yours!
Also, the swimming pictures are adorable. We're having a great time this year swimming, too - it will be nice to be getting him in to the water so early. :-)
Finally, about the talking - that's great! I think it is really advanced, especially for a BOY to be talking so much. And an oldest child at that. It's so great to have a little one who can communicate with you what he or she wants. I'm sure it only enhances your relationship.
Looks like you're all doing well!
Post a Comment