Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tiny Miracles

Today Ty was perfect at church. Today he went to nursery for the first time perfectly, he danced all the way through singing time perfectly, and he even fell asleep in my arms during sacrament meeting perfectly. I consider this a tiny miracle...or maybe even a big one.

Ty is always a good boy, and we've been easing him into nursery. He's still not officially nursery age, but our ward has a tiny nursery and I serve in the Primary so I'm always nearby. But sacrament meeting is hard. It's right during nap time and it's the last meeting of the day. The reason I'm thankful for this tiny miracle today is that I'm leaving him tomorrow for an entire week and it's really really hard for me.

I had no idea before I had children how hard it would be to leave them. I'm thankful I have the opportunity to keep part of my job, but it means that every once in a while I have to travel. I thought this would be no big deal and even postponed all travel until after Ty was a year old, but it's not easy at all. I think it's one of the hardest things I've ever done. Fortunately I don't do it often.

I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough that he gave me 45 minutes to hold my sleeping baby in my arms and stare at him the day before I go. He just doesn't fall asleep in my arms anymore, ever! It was hard to stop the tears from flowing as I watched him sleep. I'm sure the speaker felt good that his talk moved me to tears, but really it was the sight of my sweet son. (Although the speaker was great. It's the first talk I've heard in a long time!)

I see how Ty is being blessed and how I'm being comforted! And I couldn't be more thankful for this tiny miracle. It's amazing how comfort always comes when you need it most.

5 comments:

Zachary said...

Wow...that is a miracle. I hope you have a safe trip! Ty is a very lucky boy to have you for a mother.

It is impressive what little things our Heavenly Father gives us.

Preds Girl said...

Heavenly Father is amazing with His tender mercies! So glad you had that experience today!

Ty really is lucky to have such a caring mommy!

Kristin said...

That is what I call a tender mercy. How beautiful! I'm so glad that you are keeping a record of little things like this.

Arah Debra said...

I know how you feel. And it doesn't get any easier. Gavin is leaving me for a week. He going with my sister to see my other sis in Michigan. I'm freaking out about it, but it'll be good for both of us. I just hope I survive the week without a breakdown.

Laura F said...

I just read this tonight, and you should either be home now or be really close! I hope your trip was fun and safe, and that Ty's week was uneventful without you. I'm sure he missed you every minute of every day!