I never would have guessed how much fun being in Primary would be, not to mention how much of a testimony builder it is. There is no place like it. When you are around those children it's impossible not to feel the love of a Father in Heaven. They are so smart and so pure and so willing to learn and trust. They have so much faith. I wish I could stay in Primary forever. The spirit you feel there is amazing. Primary is where it all begins.
In addition to serving and loving these children, I was able to work with incredible women who are so smart and dedicated. I still can't believe how perfect they were for this calling and how much I learned from them. I will miss working with them every week, but hope to enjoy their friendship and example for a long time to come.
The spirit has always prepared me for big callings like this. I feel when it's coming and I feel when it's coming to an end. I've known for several months now that my time was short and I was ready. I was still sad and cried my eyes out yesterday as we shared the news with the children.I also appreciated being able to work with our Bishop so closely. He is an amazing person who in not just a Bishop but a mentor. He is always teaching and taught me so much. When he broke the news to us that there would be a change he said the kindest words and even gave us all flowers to say thanks.
This experience has been amazing and I have a strong and profound testimony of Primary and it's importance. I also have a strong and even more profound love for those children and I will miss being in their great presence for two hours each Sunday more than words can express. Most of all I know that we are all children of a very loving Father in Heaven who wants nothing but the very best for each of us. If we all understood that simple concept to the extent those children do, we would be happier and more at peace with ourselves and each other than we ever thought possible. And when I forget that simple concept, I will think of these children and the example they set for me.
3 comments:
Did you remove a post (a political one). I was coming back to read it since I didn't get to finish it when I first saw it and it's gone (unless I'm blind). I'm so interested!
By the way... sorry about the release, but glad you feel good about it.
I'm sure you were absolutely amazing in Primary, as you are at everything else you do. I'm just now realizing in my home home how important that time is for our children. My kids are finally starting to learn and even remember!
The kids are really going to miss having you! I'm positive that they are all so greatful for the time they had with you! Congrats on having a boy! Boys are so awesome! Reading your blog makes me really miss being pregnant :( But I'm sure when it comes around agian I will think that it came to quick!
Post a Comment