Friday, November 21, 2008

21 Months, 29 Weeks, and 76 Days

Tomorrow Ty is officially 21 months old. I am officially 29 weeks pregnant, and Jeremy is 76 days away from not having to hear me complain about heartburn or lower stomach pain. Most importantly however, our second baby boy will be arriving....give or take a few days. Here's an update on everyone's progress.

Ty is incredible. He really is an amazing kid. He's very smart and learns things really quickly. I honestly think he'll be reading way before he ever gets to kindergarten. He's in the process of teaching himself the sounds letters make now that he knows them all (upper and lower case). And he's counting to 10 all by himself and to 20 with a little help after 13. He can sing a song back to you after hearing it once or twice and repeats everything he hears. He often finishes the sentences in his books before I do. He got his dad's smart brains.


I am getting more uncomfortable and we are all getting excited for the arrival of our yet to be named son. He is quite the mover and kicker. I wonder if he ever sleeps sometimes! I do notice he moves a lot when Ty is nearby. I think he knows his brother is near and is already anxious to play with him.

It's getting a little harder for me to wrestle around on the floor, play trains, crawl around pushing cars, and go down slides with Ty. I can still do it, it's just getting a little more painful. And luckily Ty can go down the slide by himself now. My lap is quickly disappearing and so Ty slips off quite often during reading time. Lucky for me Ty is a really good boy and makes my life pretty darn easy. I couldn't ask for a sweeter little son and am very thankful for that every day.

I've taught Ty that a baby is coming and that right now it's living in my tummy. He is starting to catch on, but I still don't know if he really gets what's happening. Then again, I've learned to never underestimate what that little guy can understand.

Ty still loves books and we read together every day. He still loves trains and has been holding on to a little blue Thomas he borrowed from Grandmas house since Sunday. He won't let it out of his sight or put it down for very long. It even goes to bed with him and night and nap time.

He is also becoming very much a daddy's boy. People sometimes ask who he prefers, Mom or Dad. I think it's been pretty equal, but he prefers mom when he's really upset or hurt. But no longer. I think he's switching to the Dad. And it's really cute. I noticed the change after I got home from my last trip. Those two really bonded and Ty asks for daddy at least once during the day and when Jeremy comes home all he wants is to play with dad.

In the morning when Ty hears the shower turn on he runs to the bathroom and pounds on the door saying "I take shower with daddy!" Jeremy is nice to let him join. Then before Jeremy goes to work Ty says "I go outside with daddy!" so Jeremy takes him outside for a few minutes. Then usually after his nap he says "I see daddy". So we call Jeremy at work to see when he'll be home.

This morning the three of us were outside playing in the leaves and Ty and I watched Jeremy drive away and Ty was very upset yelling "I go daddy's car!" It's really cute how much he loves his dad!


What's even cuter is how much his dad loves him. Jeremy's eyes just light up at the first sight of Ty when he comes home from work. And he never tells Ty no, or that he doesn't have time to play. Last night when Jeremy walked in the door Ty said "I go swimming pool with daddy" so Jeremy put Ty in his swimming suit, packed a bag full of towels and dry clothes and took him swimming. I went along to watch (since my swimming suit no longer covers me) and had the best time just observing the joy those two bring to each other. They both looked so genuinely happy together.

You could tell by the look on their face and in their eyes that Jeremy was just in heaven splashing around with his son and Ty was in heaven to splash around with his dad. Once in a while Ty would run out of the pool over to me, get his face right up close to mine and enthusiastically tell me "I swim with daddy!" and then run back into the pool. It was so cute. Life doesn't get better than that. Except I guess when I have two little boys who adore their wonderful daddy!

Thanks for being such a fun and amazing dad Jeremy.

No comments: