
Today Ty is officially 22 months old. He is more fun than ever and turning more and more into a boy all the time. I sometimes look at him and wonder where my little baby went! Today I found him perusing my C.S. Lewis book collection. He still loves books and can sit and look at them for quite a while. Even with no pictures!
His favorite thing right now however is Thomas The Tank Engine. Somehow it's become an obsession and we're not sure how. In fact for about two months now he's been holding onto the same little Thomas train and will not put it down for much. He carries it everywhere he goes, even to church, and he takes Thomas to bed at night and for naps. I used to sneak in a take it out of his crib so he wouldn't roll over on it and wake up, but then discovered if he wakes up and can't find it I hear "Where's my Thomas?" in a very distressed voice over the monitor and have to go give it to him so now it just stays with him. It will be interesting to see how this phase lasts. I often wonder what it is that makes a kid attached to something so much!
He won't even put it down to drink his milk. He puts one hand on his sippy cup and the train on the other side and just guzzles away. Here is a photo we took of him this weekend in the car. He is wearing his dad's sunglasses and thinks he's too cool for words. Notice the train...
I am still wondering what life will be like when he meets his new brother. Ty has always adapted to change so easily you wouldn't even know it's happening. When we moved it didn't phase him. When I stopped breastfeeding at 13 months he cried for maybe 2 minutes and was over it. When it was time to go to nursery he just went with no trouble at all. He is just an easy going kid. But this change is big, so I'm not so sure how it's going to work out, but I'm hoping for the best. I think he's going to make a fantastic big brother. He's just amazing in every way. And yes I am biased. I think he's the greatest thing that ever lived on the face of the earth. That's what momma's are supposed to think right?Oh he's also really enjoying Christmas. I really struggled with the whole Santa thing and wanted to make sure I didn't push that too much and focused on the right stuff. So far it's been great. He does love Santa Claus, Snowmen, and Christmas tree's and often asks me to sing songs about all things Christmas. He loves Jingle Bells and can sing almost the whole song and asks me constantly to sing other Christmas songs. This Christmas is going to be our most fun ever! I can just tell.

As for new little boy, I think he's great too. This is a photo of him at 33 weeks, just making me look fat. I do think he's a sweetie. For some reason whenever I start to worry about him at all, he moves. It's like he's telling me, mom it's ok, I'm fine in here. He has a pretty regular nighttime routine. He kicks around 10pm, then again around 4am and then again at 7am. Two nights ago he slept through the night and I woke up at 6am in a panic wondering why he didn't wake up at 4. Just as I was about to get up and start jumping around he just started to move. No worries momma. Go back to sleep. I love him.
He is doing well as far as I know. He's measuring just right for his gestational age and has had his head down for the last several appointments. He moves a lot and has a lot of hiccups. The hiccups kind of drive me crazy and for some reason make me nauseous. I have no idea why. But again, he's nice to me and only hiccups for a few minutes at a time. I think he's going to be GREAT!
I am definately getting more and more uncomfortable however. My pain is mostly very low and in my pubic bone area. I know that's maybe too much info, but once in a while he'll move just right and it sends such a sharp pain my knees buckle. I'm waddling pretty good and sit like a boy. Yesterday at church I tried to cross my legs and be lady like, but it's just not going to work. Overall I'm thankful for how good I do feel. For a few weeks a while back I was in terrible pain and was feeling a little down wondering if I'd spend the rest of my pregnancy feeling that way, but a lot of it has gone away and I'm feeling MUCH better. I couldn't be happier or more thankful! I sure love my boys and am happy to be the mom to such sweethearts!
6 comments:
Sonja,
You look stunning and Ty is wayyy to cool! :)
Cameron will be so excited to have a 2nd cousin carry his name. I'll have to tell him tomorrow.
One warning....Camerons seem to have a LOT of energy and its balanced nicely with sensitivity, enthusiasm, spirituality, and a winning smile!
Much love,
Aunt Tammy
You look gorgeous! And yes with the Camerons! They are amazing, and debonair! My Cam is quite the keeper and amazing. I still can't get over how big Ty is! He's so so smart! Ya'll just make beautiful kids :)
You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!
You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!
i seriously got teary eyes when you metioned little cam moving to let you know he's ok. how wonderful that bond is!
you look so CUTE pregnant! not fat at all. you can totally tell you're pregnant and you carry it so well.
love ya!
You look so cute pregnant! I wished I looked that good when I was 33 weeks a long.
Post a Comment