Sunday, December 07, 2008

Color Correction and No Love


Two funny things about Ty:

1. He knows all his colors, shapes and numbers now. With that kid you just can't teach him fast enough. Last night we were playing with a fish puzzle. Each fish is a different color and has a little magnet and you catch each piece with a little fishing pole. When he would catch a piece I would reinforce the color "You caught the yellow fish!".

Well one fish is red/orange and he's not that advanced yet so when he caught I made a split second decision to call it red since there is not a red fish in the puzzle but there is an actual orange fish. Ty looked right into my eyes and said "No momma. It's orange fish."

Okay my not even two year old son. Thanks for the correction.

2. When Ty wakes up he likes to hang out in his crib for a while. He doesn't like to get out right away. He's always done this. This morning he had been in there for about 20 minutes talking to Thomas the Tank Engine (which he sleeps with) or whatever he does in there and I heard him say "all done" which means he's ready to now get out.

Well when I went in he was just relaxing on his back with his blanket like a pillow under his head and he said "Go back mommy. Go outside. And close door." So I left. A few minutes later he asked for a "kleenex for nose" "lights on too" and "one book" so I delivered the items, turned on the light, and now he's still in there 30 minutes later, apparently reading and wiping his nose.

Crazy kid!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That kid doesn't miss a beat. He is so smart. Great job on teaching him so much!

Preds Girl said...

WOW!! What a smart and funny kid! Very independent. :-)

Emily Dixon said...

yeah, I got on! I love that kid!!!

Julie said...

He is way too cute! Your stories about him always make me laugh!

Alisa said...

Man, that kid is so sharp. I love these stories. Hakuna Mutata!

brettandkatie said...

You've been tagged! Post your fourth picture in the fourth folder. p.s. your family is so cute! We miss you guys!