Yesterday during Sunday School we were discussing the many different names The Savior refers to himself as in the scriptures. When we got to one name my mind went off on a tangent and I'm sorry to say I didn't get much out of the rest of the lesson. But we talked about how each name teaches us something about Him and His life and what he does for us. The name I couldn't get past yesterday was "Creator".
As I thought about what that name meant I was humbled and thankful that our Father in Heaven has shared with us this sacred and incredible power to create life. I was reading my blog entry from almost two years ago when I gave birth to Ty and it brought back such good memories. I'll never forget the feelings in that room as he entered the world and how it felt to have them place MY baby on my belly. It was a very powerful spiritual experience and the thought that we even get to have that power is amazing really. And very humbling.
For the first several months Ty was born and even now sometimes I look at him and say to Jeremy, we made that! Can you believe we made that? That perfect little being with big brown eyes, porcelain skin, and adorable voice was made by us. Well I did most the work, and remind Jeremy of that often :) What an incredible gift it is to be a creator. It's just awesome to contemplate and comes with awesome responsibility. It's no wonder Satan works so hard on that gift.
I then thought about the times I've left Ty with others to tend him and how hard it is for me. I pray and think in my mind, please, please love him and care for him like I would. I wonder if that's what our Heavenly Father thinks when he sends one of his precious spirits to the world too. Please love him and take care of him like I would.
Those are my random thoughts on a Sunday.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so true. how wonderful it must be to be a mother and to feel that connection. i am so excited to see the new baby. i wonder if him and ty will look a like and people will question if they are twins later in life. :)
Post a Comment