Saturday, July 25, 2009

Baby of Mine



Cameron turned six months old this week. Has it really been a half a year? Amazing. And as I say each time I write about him, so is he. He is happy 99% of the time and has proven wrong the many who said that my second baby would be the one that would be difficult. Ty was an easy first baby, or so I thought, until Cameron came along. He's now over his car meltdowns and is happy in his car seat. He's used to the stroller and doesn't mind being in it. I guess those things come with age and experience :)

When we go to the park I often have Cameron strapped to me in the bjorn and push Ty in the swing. Every time the swing comes toward him he squeals with joy and usually attracts quite a bit of attention with his cute laugh. He is constantly talking. He makes the cutest noises and often wants to join in adult and kid conversations just as though he was one of them.


He thinks the smallest things are funny and finds joy in everything. One of our favorite things to do is to have Cameron sit on my lap facing me and I kiss his chubby little cheeks and lean him back while we both laugh. We can do this for a really long time and never get bored with it. We have so much fun together.

He loves his momma and loves and adores his daddy. His eyes light up at the sight of both of us. It makes us feel great. And he's stopped having that nervous look on his face whenever Ty comes around. Now he just smiles and is fascinated with everything he does. I can tell he wants to play, but isn't quite sure how yet. He doesn't even mind when Ty plays steamroller with him.


He sits up and rolls all around. In fact when he's on the floor he can turn in a full circle somehow and move quite a distance across a room. He's getting more wiggly and mobile all the time. And he loves to reach and grab things. I think it's his favorite game to play. I literally can't even wear a strand of my hair down or he's grabbing and pulling with all his might.

I love him. I love how different he is from Ty. The two have their own unique looks and the variety is fun. I love that he's been such a great introduction as a second child. I remember worrying about how it would be to have another and wondered how I could possibly love him as much as the first. I knew in my head that it was silly to think that, but in my heart, I had trouble imagining how it would work. It's incredible how it feels and having another increases your love for the first. I thought I'd have to take some love away from Ty to give it to Cameron, but instead I have more love for both than I ever thought possible.


Perhaps it's because I became a mom at such a late age, but it seems all that motherly, nurturing, side of me built up for so long that it's now exploding all over these boys. I know I can be over protective and over worrying, but I also know I have a lot of love and patience built up and that my boys know they are loved beyond measure. Because I had so much time to be single, and learn about who I was and practice my career, and achieve many of my goals, the transition to motherhood has felt like a natural and welcome next step. I felt like I didn't have to give up much, it's just what came next in my life. I'm so thankful I get to do this and I'm thankful for the beautiful little people I spend every waking, and sometimes sleeping moments with, every day of my life.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I love reading your blog. I just did some catching up and I enjoyed every second AND I think you are a super mom :-)

Anonymous said...

Sonja, it is a joy to read about your sweet family. Cameron is such a cute little soul and Ty is the perfect big brother. I am so very happy for you.

Much love,
Tammy