Now I'm holding him like this:

I remember thinking how what a unique experience having your first child was. I treasured every moment knowing it was all about to change. I don't regret a thing. But having your second baby is just as unique an experience. It's hard to explain with words, but it's every bit as exciting and happy as having your first. I love that when I think back on this day eight months ago I have only happy memories. When Cameron entered the room I felt so overwhelmed with happiness. My bond and connection with him was instant. It's like I knew him all along. I remember even looking at him and thinking he looked familiar. I couldn't wait until they put him in my arms. I just kissed him over and over.I still feel the same way. I can't wait until he wakes up in the morning so I can put him in my arms and kiss him over and over all day long. He is a joy and I couldn't be happier being his momma. And it's getting more and more fun each day. Here's what he's up to now:
He loves music more than ever. I swear he hits the beat right on as he conducts by waving his arm. He will beat on any surface near him as soon as the tune begins and even tries to clap his hands....or fists... as it plays.
He has moved on from saying mama and for several weeks only said dada. Now it's baba. It seems that once he masters a sound he moves on and never looks back. I hope mama is still in there but happy he's onto learning how to form more and more sounds with his cute little mouth.
He loves his snacks. He's a pro at picking up little pieces of cereal and putting them in his mouth. He's even mastered a sippy cup with a straw and drinking from it seems to be a favorite thing to do. He's getting to be such a big boy now.
Cameron also has a favorite book. He has a short attention span when it comes to books, but if I even show this one to him he gets so excited he looks like he's about to jump out of his skin. It's called "Peek a Who?" I can read it to him over and over and over and he just laughs out loud with delight the entire time.
He's also becoming quite the jumper in his little jumparoo. His attention span is so short though that he only lasts in the toy about 10-15 minutes before he needs a change of scenery. He can also be a bit picky about his toys. Sometimes I hand him something and he just looks at me like "um, that's nice mom, but not what I wanted". It's pretty funny.
He's so easy still. He needs my attention a lot more now, which is so totally fine with me. I love giving it to him. But he's still easy to put to naps and bedtime and that is wonderful! He's still waking up once at night to eat, but I think he's getting close to dropping that one. The last 4-5 nights when he wakes to eat he doesn't take a full feeding and falls asleep until morning. Soon I think he'll stop waking up at night. But if he doesn't it's so not a big deal. Waking up once to feed a baby for 15 minutes is not a problem. I'm getting plenty of sleep.
He's a great eater! And I hear people say that a lot about him due to the chubbiness of his legs and cheeks. He could eat snacks all day if I let him, but I don't.
He's sweet and kind and has a sparkle in his eye that just makes you stop and stare and smile. You can't help but do anything else. I truly believe that ALL babies are cute and I know they all get compliments but that doesn't stop me from beaming every time we are out in public and people go out of their way to come tell me how cute he is. He is a doll, a little angel baby, and so much fun right now. He's not moving at all or even showing signs of crawling. And I'm totally ok with that!
Having your second is no less exciting or unique than your first. It just gets better because now it's double the fun and double the love. And I'm finally starting to get hungry for baby number three. Or at least now I'm not so terrified of the idea. Being a momma is awesome!
Eight months ago I was doing this:
Today I'm doing this:

And I'm doing great!
2 comments:
Of course you're doing great because you are such a wonderful mom! I loved reading this post and thinking about when my little boy comes to the world to meet me. I seriously cannot wait and I too want to cherish each moment.
you are doing great, you are an inspiration to me, I have always really admired you, but since joining the ranks I really really look up to you so much, you have so much goodness in you. I wish I had more, I'm working on getting some more though :o)
Post a Comment