
One of our favorite summertime activities is the downtown Farmers Market. We look forward to it every year. I think more than great veggies we love the diversity of people, the display of talented artists and crafters and home grown produce. There is something about the place that resonates with us and we mostly go to just "hang out".
Our tradition ended today for this summer and I meant to get photos but forgot the memory card for the camera. We love to start our morning out early before it gets too crowded. It's best to start out by getting breakfast at Bruge's. The waffles are so delicious and the history is really fun.

If you haven't tried Bruges, you must make a point to do so. They do not disappoint and are an easy thing to eat while perusing the booths....unless you are carrying a baby or pushing a stroller. In that case you sit outside on the tables and enjoy the people watching while you eat.
Next we do the food booths first. I could spend all day there tasting fresh bread, salsa, organic pesto's, hummus, cheese and olive oil. Today's favorites were the cashew hummus, lemon artichoke pesto and fresh mozzarella from Tony's made a few hours before we enjoyed it.
Next we go to all the arts and crafts booths. I love them. I so appreciate the people's talents and amazed at what they can create. I want to buy from them all but refrain....mostly. Finally, by this time, Ty is ready to play and we end up at the play ground and where he has his fun while we go through our purchases like kids who just got back from trick-or-treating and are examining their loot.
We just love the market season. We love the character, the diversity, the kid friendly atmosphere, the talents shared, and the community it creates. The end of the market is the end of summer for us and we're thrilled about all the fun that fall is bringing to our little family now!
No comments:
Post a Comment