Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Different Colored Ice Pickles

I recently took Ty and Cam to the pediatrician since they were both sick. They were both excellent patients. Ty did everything she said, while politely informing her that he did not want a shot. And Cam got a shot and didn't even flinch. Not a tear was shed. My little tough guy.

As she sat across from me and looked at the three of us she said, "Well they are definitely brothers. They just came in different colors." I think that's a great way to describe the two of them. They look like they belong together, just different colors. I love the variety!

Later that day I was giving Cam a bath and Ty asked if he could get in too. I knew that day would come when they would play in the tub together and I have been eagerly anticipating it for months now. I loved every minute as they laughed and splashed and played with toys. I also got soaked. They did this for close to an hour and even then, they weren't ready for it to be over. I love seeing the two of them interact. This is what it's all about. I love them so much. Every night since then Ty comes to me and says "Mom, Cameron and I want to take a bath together". And then they do.

You'll also recall that last year Ty discovered Icicles. He saw them hanging from the house and just had to touch, feel, and taste it. He became somewhat obsessed. I told him what they were called and the next day he woke up and wanted to go see the "Ice Pickles". So from then on that's what they are called in our house. And because he wanted to eat them so much (and we don't think they are the most healthy when formed from water dripping off the roof), we have a system for making our own.


It didn't take long for him to notice that it's ice pickle season again. They are more popular than ever in our home. And of course if one of the boys is having an ice pickle, the other one must have one too! Ice pickle anyone?

No comments: