I think first birthdays are so special. There is something, for me at least, that is so exciting about them. As if celebrating all the accomplishments a baby makes in the first year of their life wasn't enough, I think it's also a celebration of the accomplishments of the entire family. It's a celebration of the new member who's so easily and naturally become a part of our lives, the celebration of Ty becoming a big brother and adjusting to sharing the spotlight, the celebration of Jeremy becoming a father to two sons and doing it so beautifully, and the celebration of my happy survival of it all and discovering things about myself I never knew. In addition it's the celebration of the first year of a new cousin, a new nephew, and a new grandson. It's a celebration for us all.
Most importantly this is the celebration of Cameron and all that he represents, all that he's learned, all that he's grown into, all that he's put up with, and all that he has become. He is a gift not only to us and the rest of our family, but to the world. He is truly an extraordinary boy, a priceless treasure, a bright shining star, and he is absolutely worth celebrating.
Making the preparations for the party is the reward for me. I feel like it's a rite of passage into motherhood. I earned the opportunity to plan this party, to bake a cake, to prepare the food, to create the invitations. I love doing it and look forward to it more than I probably should. I think about it for months in advance and want it to all be perfect, simple, and fun for everyone involved, especially Cameron.
No comments:
Post a Comment