In the last three nights I've had maybe six hours of sleep. Cameron doesn't want to be put down and is quite uncomfortable when that fever spikes. I'm not writing this as a complaint, because holding my baby all day and night is a dream for me. I'm writing about this because I feel so lucky and so blessed to be the one to care for him. I love holding him, worrying about him, comforting him, checking his temperature a million times a day and all else that goes with it. I love that feeling of putting everything else off for a while because him and his health are the most important things to worry about now. I can catch up on laundry, work, and everything else, but I'll never get to catch up on all this round the clock cuddling.
I'm so proud of Ty for how helpful and kind he's been to his brother the last six weeks. It seems in the times we need he steps up to the plate, rises to the occasion and shines like such a sweet little brother. Granted, there are times he wants attention and feels it lacking right now, but he is trying so hard. I love him so much.
I love being a mother. I love being the one who has the most awesome privilege and opportunity to take care of every need of these two little sweethearts with whom I've been blessed. I love losing sleep over it. I'm thankful to have such a supportive and loving husband to assist me and help in every way.
I'm so thankful also to those who, when they find out about the boys being sick, step in to support me. Not for one second do I think I need or deserve any sympathy, I'm not the one who's sick. But my good friends and family do and have done some of the most kind things to help out. One good friend arranged for me to go on a walk with her when Jeremy was home just so I could get out after being stuck inside for days and many others have offered meals and just called to check in. I'm thankful for a sister in-law who is a nurse and happily takes my calls with questions any time of the day or night. It's amazing what such a simple gestures can mean.
As I stay up at night I often get emotional staring into their sweet little faces and I can't help but think of my own mother, who for so long did the same for me, and still does. And wouldn't you know it, she's the one who, because she's been through it before, takes care of me the most. Thanks mom for the daily calls to check on the health of the boys and my own well being. And thanks so much for sending in dinner from over 400 miles away when we needed it most. It helps a ton, as you well know. Thanks for still taking care of me and now for helping me take care of my own babies.
1 comment:
your such a good mom, you are inspiring. I"m so sorry the boys have had it all this year haven't they! Warm healthy spring is just around the corner.
Post a Comment