Thursday, September 16, 2010

Very First Day

My Ty guy went to his first day of preschool this week! It was such a fun day for us both. I think I may have been more excited than he was. And not for the "break" or to get rid of him for a few hours, but because it's such a fun milestone for him. I loved getting his cute little backpack and helping him pick out some pencils and a notebook. I loved getting a cute little outfit all ready for him and of course taking photos the entire way there and back. We all walked down the street together for his first day and he rode his bike there and back.

I'm so excited for him to be growing up and couldn't be more proud of who he is and who he is becoming. He's an amazing young man and I'm thrilled for what lies ahead for him. Now SO many people told me that the "three's" are much harder than the "two's" but for me that's not been the case. Not at all. The three's have been a wonderful time of growth and learning and fun. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

His preschool is a neighborhood co-op where us mom's teach the classes once a week. I'm so excited for my week to come I can hardly stand it. I'm sure I'll go completely overboard the first few times, because that's what I do. My first lesson is on bugs and I've already got most of the day planned. It's two weeks away. Who knew this would be more fun for me than him.

Ty is still such quick learner and amazes me with what he can comprehend. Recently he has started drawing me the cutest pictures. One day he brought me one with the word mom on it. I didn't even know he knew how to write that word. We haven't practiced M's yet. He knows how to spell and read it, but I was really impressed he just wrote it. Now I can list a bunch of simple words and he'll write them out. He's so smart.

He has also really been into being a spy lately. On one of his favorite cartoons Backyardagins there was an episode about an International Super Spy and Ty totally ate it up. We put together a spy kit with stuff we found around the house and at the dollar store and he goes on secret spy missions all the time. If you see him sneaking around corners and stuff, he's trying to avoid being detected by video cameras.

He also made his first trip to the dentist before school and did so well. I'm so impressed with his bravery. I tried so hard to not make too big of a deal out of going so he wouldn't be nervous. There really is no reason to be nervous. I grew up being so terrified of the dentist I actually considered jumping out of the car into traffic once while my mom was driving me there. Seriously. I don't want him to ever feel that way. It also helps that his dentist is his Uncle. His first visit went really well. The only thing he didn't like was the x-rays to which he said "Um, I think I'm done with that now." and went back to watching cartoons. He did get to leave the office with some gloves and a mask to add to his spy kit.

Another episode of Backyardagins is about ping pong and has a player in it named the "Pink Fury". I hadn't watched this episode with him so I didn't know what it was about, but for weeks he insisted on being called the "Pink Fairy" and he wore a pretend mask. We could not figure out where he got this from. He does love the color pink, but we have no fairy's shows or toys in our house. One day we were watching this episode again and when the pink fury came on wearing a mask I knew what he was trying to be! So funny! Pink fury does sound a little more fierce than the pink fairy.

As mentioned above TY does love the color pink. Pink and red are his favorites and we have no problems with that. Most of his school supplies are pink and I think it's great. It is a great color.

His amazing dad also handmade Ty this beautiful bike. He loves it and rides it ALL the time. And although dad made it, he let Ty decorate it with these fun stickers. Ty is so proud of it. We get a ton of comments on this bike and Ty always proudly says "My dad made this bike for me, it's a balance bike". Jeremy beams every time someone stops to talk to us about it and especially every time Ty says "My dad made it for me". SO cute!

Ty's vocabulary is so amazing. He speaks like an adult and every day asks what a new word means that he hasn't heard before. He stores away the definition in his little brain and never forgets it. Yesterday he asked what pleading meant. I'm expecting him to use it in a sentence today. His new favorite phrase is "of course!". He talks ALL day long and has so much to say and ask and learn. He is so much fun to be with.

He's also a stellar big brother. He's always looking out for Cameron and has become his biggest advocate when it comes to putting something in his mouth or doing something dangerous. Ty is the first to let me know. Although he also gets very frustrated with his little brother for always messing up his stuff, the two get along really well and love each other.

He still has a fascination with bugs and has no fear when it comes to picking them up. Cameron gets nervous with certain one's but loves rollie pollies. Ty will touch anything.

Ty also loves cooking with me. Especially when it comes to making cookies. It's very rare for a day to go by without him asking if we can make some. He doesn't like eating them as much as he likes making them. He truly enjoys the measuring, pouring, stirring and of course a little tasting. I often do it just for a fun activity then give them away or throw them away. It's worth a little flour and butter for the fun it creates for us. Often we do this activity while Cameron is napping since it's a hard activity to do with him, but sometimes he gets to join it too. I'm truly blessed with these two little boys. They are so fun to be with and I cherish every moment.















1 comment:

Zachary said...

Wow! That is incredible that he is in Preschool. Also the idea of a "Co-op" neighborhood preschool is wonderful! Getting more of the parents involved. Good luck with your lessons!