Sometimes the spirit speaks at the most random times to tell me something of utmost importance. Sometimes it tells me something I should do, sometimes it's something I should know, sometimes it just confirms what I already know, or is just a feeling of love and peace. This Saturday it was teaching me a profound life lesson. It was showing me something I had not seen before. I'm not ready to write about it just yet because it's so personal and special to me, but I wanted to write about the experience of receiving it. The topic the spirit taught me was one I wasn't even thinking about at that moment or even in that day, but the message hit me so powerfully I can't deny that I was being spoken to, and tutored by, Heaven. I marveled at how out of no where such a profound statement was made to me. As I pondered it further, it made more sense: I was at peace, I was in nature, I was feeling love, it was quiet, I was listening, I was ready to learn.
I love the lessons my Father in Heaven has seen fit to teach me at different times in my life. The older I get, the deeper the lessons. What I learned in my twenties is now understood on a much deeper level. We are truly taught line by line. I can't wait for what levels I'll understand when I'm sixty! I love how I can look back at my life and see my Heavenly Father's loving hand in everything. I love how what we want most we always get, sometimes it's just disguised as something else and we have to look beyond the surface to see that it's right there. And when I notice it, I realize I'm literally sitting on a gold mine, when all I asked for or thought I had were a few coins.
I feel like I've just begun to understand what it means to let Him be in charge and let go of trying to make it all happen by ourselves, or thinking we are so awesome and in control of everything. He will make so much more of our lives than our mortal minds can even conceive of when we let go, let Him, look closely, listen intently, hear humbly, then act accordingly.
4 comments:
I always have grandpa in my dreams giving me messages at first i thought they were just dreams until one day i ignored the advice we had talked about....not a good idea!
Jamie I love that Grandpa visits you! Grandma visited me once in a dream and I'm sure they are with us more than we know. I will keep in mind that if Grandpa visits and gives me advice to make sure I follow it!
he gave me a message to give someone...not sure how i go about that without sounding crazy. haha
Just do it. They gave Aunt Cindy a message to give to me at Gabe's blessing. I didn't think it was crazy at all. I loved it. And if someone thinks you're crazy who cares. A lot of people think I'm crazy. Maybe I am :)
Post a Comment