Sunday, October 02, 2011

Ty Guy

Ty,

You've now started preschool at a real school and "not at your friends houses school", as you put it. We could not be more proud or pleased or more happy with all you are becoming. You have no problems starting something new. You are so capable and so confident. I love that about you! I hope it never changes. Every day I pick you up I get a glowing report from your teachers and other mothers about how pleasant, fun, cooperative, funny, and outgoing you are. I always arrive at the school at least five minutes early to watch you play on the playground with your classmates. You are always involved and having a great time. You aren't afraid to take charge or instigate a fun, imaginative game or even try new things. You are always so happy when I come to pick you up and I can tell you are enjoying your school and that school is enjoying you. One of your favorite days was the day you had a snail race in your class and yours won first place :)



I was worried at first about how it would all work logistically. I have to park, get everyone out of the car, walk past the playground, take you down the long hall to the bathroom, wash hands, then deliver you to your classroom. I was worried about getting Cameron to walk past that playground and into the school without a fight all while holding Gabe. I thought every day would be a big hassle, but it's been the opposite. Instead it's provided a nice structure and been a great addition to our day.


Just before school you both pack your backpacks. Cameron gets to pack anything he wants in his. (Usually a rocket and his blanket). We then go to school and drop you off without any trouble. After you wash your hands you get a sticker and Cameron washes his and gets a sticker too. Then you both go into the room and hang up your backpacks. I say hello to the teacher and she makes a point to always say hi to Cameron and make him feel included. I then get Cam's backpack off the hook and we go home. On the way home he falls asleep and I get some quality Gabe time before we go back and pick you up. When we go to pick you up Cam gets to play on the toys and have fun for a few minutes. It all works perfectly and I'm so pleased with how smoothly it's going and how easily it fits into our routine.



Your school is a co-op so I get to be involved a lot. I look forward to my turn in the classroom! Dad went with your class on your first field trip which was a fishing trip! You caught two fish and brought them home for dinner. You have a ton of field trips, just about one a week until December. You do so many fun things at school! I'm thrilled with everything about it, from your teacher to the school to all the activities you do and the things you're learning. It's been great.



You are also still doing so well at your Violin. You are always happy to go to your lessons and in the six months you've been attending you have only said you didn't want to go twice. You really enjoy it. Practicing is another story but you do that well once we get going.

You have learned all the strings and are reading music just fine. Now you are just working on keeping up with the piano and that will come with more time and more practice. Your teacher is wonderful and you both seem to really enjoy each other and work well together. She told me that teaching you is her favorite part of the week! I think one of your favorite parts is that most of the time Dad takes you to lessons and he takes you there on the scooter and sometimes stops for a chocolate on the way home. Now that's a fun lesson.


I've said it before and I'm happy to say it again, we are so pleased with what a good boy you are. You are amazing and we feel so blessed to be your parents. We love you more than words can express!

Love,

Mom and Dad

No comments: