Cam: Ty, I just LOVE sharks!
Ty: Do you wish you could go in their mouth and look around inside their body?
Cam: No way, they have really really sharp teeth and that would hurt me.
Ty: And if you were inside their body you might get blood in your eyes.
Cam: That would actually be really bad. I don't want blood in my eyes.
Ty: Well it would probably just feel like water. Blood just feels like water.
Cam: Orca is the only fish that will mess up with a great white shark.
Ty: No, you mean killer whale.
Cam: No Orca
Ty: Killer whale!
Cam: Orca!
Mom: Boys, an Orca is a Killer Whale. They are the same thing.
Boys: Oh.
They are both so cute and smart. I just wish along with their words I could have recorded their facial expressions and expression in their voices. So cute.
Also,
Early this morning I was sound asleep in my bed and opened my eyes to see Cam's adorable little face looking right back at me. It startled me so much I sat straight up and gasped! After my reaction Cam said, "Mom, I'm just a cute little boy, not a spider!"
Another thing....
on my mind lately is how much I love sharing interests with my boys and teaching them things. It is one of my FAVORITE things about being a mom. When they show interest in something I have a tendency to throw it up all over them....in the form of information. We do lots of research on the internet and go to the library and check out books on all their favorite topics and go to places where we can learn even more.
I love the things they've taught me that I may not have paid much attention to without their curiosity. I know more about Dinosaurs than I ever would have on my own thanks to Ty. I know how all about ancient Egypt and how they buried mummies. I'm currently learning all about our body and how it works in the most intricate details. Ty has a true and vast curiosity for how our body works and it's amazing to learn about. I also know how a dragon breathes fire.
I know about space and planets and am completely mystified, mesmerized, and in awe of our great universe thanks to Cameron and his interest that started out with a rocket going to the moon. I love rockets and watching them launch and get goosebumps every time we watch a video together. He has forever changed the way I look at the sky. I know tons of facts about volcano's and spiders and fish too. And the way Cam is going now it looks like I'm about to get up close and personal with some monster trucks.
I LOVE learning with them. I think it's as much fun for me as it is for them. I'm so thankful for their interests and their passion and their curious little minds. I love that they are interested in smart and fun things that expand not only their world, but mine too. You've changed the way I look at everything. Thank you boys! I could not love you more!
2 comments:
I wish that was one of my favorite things! I have really smart kids too, but they aren't as lucky as your boys. I want so much to be more like you. It just doesn't come naturally to me. I'm too busy trying to survive. :) Maybe, maybe... I'll add it to my list of New Years Resolutions... as soon as I start one! ;)
Kristin, your boys are lucky! There are so many things that don't come naturally to me and that I'm NOT good at. I bet you have a million and one things you do better than me. I know you're a good momma, and I know about trying to survive too. It's a daily struggle! Thanks for you always kind comments! Keep surviving!
Post a Comment