Sunday, January 06, 2013

Smooth Transitions


 Do you see that cute boy right there, in that picture just above? I think there isn't a cuter more perfect boy in the world. There are a few just as perfect and cute, but none more cute and perfect than that. My sweet second boy has a special place in my heart. He turns my world upside down. He adds so much to our lives. He makes me feel more alive than I've felt in a long time. He shows me the world in a whole new light. He has opened my heart, mind, and eyes to things I never saw before. I can't begin to count the ways he blesses our home.

Today he became a Sunbeam. Today was the most fun I've had at church in a long time. Watching him transition from nursery to "big boy primary" was so enjoyable. He is confident, brave, capable, friendly, smart, fun, social, entertaining, talkative, funny, sweet, and lights up a room. He was a little nervous to attend his new class today upon learning there would be no toys, but being Mr. Brave, he gave it a try and loved it.
Every single member of the Primary Presidency and his teacher tracked me down in the halls to tell me how much fun he was, how perfectly he was behaved, and what funny things he said. He saw me in the hall twice while going with his class to get drinks and never wavered  I could see in his eyes how proud he was to be in a new class.

 He has the same effect in his Preschool class. At his school there is a teacher and two parent teachers every day. I never go to pick him up without them all telling me how funny and well spoken he is. There is always a story to tell me each day. They adore his funny and constant comments about everything. His teacher tells me at least once a week she calls her parents in Texas to share something funny he said. And at his last day before Christmas break as his beloved teacher walked him to his car she turned to me and said, "I so enjoy him". It thrills me that so many people see in him what I do and love him for his awesomeness!


 I'm so thrilled at how well he's transitioning to school and church and life and social situations and everything. He's growing into an exceptional boy. And oh boy is he a boy. He's a rough one. When you get a hug you might also get a black eye. Not on purpose, he just does nothing softly. Nothing :) He's a tough guy too. Not much stops him and when he gets really hurt, he is pretty vocal about it...for about 5 seconds, then he's over it and on his way. He's a social child too. He hates to be alone. Whenever we offer for him to do an activity alone with mom or dad he can't handle it and insists that everyone come along. He hates being away from his brother Ty and is sad until he comes home. Everywhere I take him he makes a new friend, just like that. They play and play and play together and he's always sad when it's time to leave his new friends. I love how not shy he is and that he'll always find someone to play with, no matter where we go.


 As he helped to decorate the tree this year he insisted that several of the ornaments be hung using the hooks upside down. I bought some decorative hooks with large swirls on the end and he thought they looked better  turned the "other" way. My first reaction was, "Oh Cam, those are upside down, they go like this", then he said to me, "But mom, I like them better this way". When I stood back and looked at the tree, I saw he was right. They did look better upside down. This is one small example of how he see's life. He looks at it in a totally different way than everyone else and I LOVE that about him. When we are all doing thing one way, the way it's "supposed" to be, he does it all different, because he likes it better that way. I appreciate him opening my mind up to new ideas, doing things different, and being confident in doing it the way he sees is best. He teaches me so much.


He loves guns, tanks, Star Wars, Angry Birds, the color orange, and pizza with a passion and zeal that can't be contained. He's passionate about everything and so full of life it literally bursts right out of him. Have him tell you a story and he's tell it with his entire body. Just talking to him is more entertaining than anything I can think of. His voice is so adorable I could listen all day. His ideas are so clever. His views are well thought through. His ideas are creative. His mind is his own and he's not afraid to be himself.


My sweet Cameron, I want to be more like you when I grow up. You keep me young. You keep me alive. You make life more fun every day. You've introduced me to things that I never knew I'd love. I want your passion, your energy, your enthusiasm, your wreckless abandon for the ways it's "supposed" to be done, your confidence, your sense of humor, and your creative little mind. I love you for all you are. Every day I try to be the best mom I can be to you. And when I fall short, you love me anyways. I never want you to be anything other than who you are. You are perfect. You are unique. You are a blessing to everyone who loves you. You are my angel.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You have such an amazing way with words... what a blessing it is and will be for your amazing boys!