Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another Crazy June

Here where I work June is the by far the busiest month of the year. Our annual convention is always held during the final week of the month so the rest of the month is absoluetly insane. There are lunches brought in because there is no time to go out, dinners are brought in for late nights, it is not uncommon to work on a Saturday, and taking a day off is unheard of. Fortunately it's only one month of the year! We begin setting up for Convention on Sunday afternoon and lucky for us this year it's being held in Salt Lake City so there is no travel. On Sunday right after church I'll be moving into the Marriott Hotel downtown for the entire week and will work at least 14 hours a day (but usually 16) at the Salt Palace Convention Center. It's a very busy time, but a very fun time too. Although we're always stressed out and busy, my co-workers and I still have a great time and really become close to each other. It's always fun to get to know our Consultants as well. They are a great group of women and will be coming from all over the country to celebrate scrapbooking! It's really fun to see their excitement and makes you realize that all the hard work you do is making a difference to people. After this event I won't travel again until sometime next year and I'm thrilled to be staying in the office and in my home with Jeremy for a long time. I feel like I'll finally be able to get a regular schedule again and won't feel like I never have time to do anything. It will be great! Wish me luck next week. I have 3 big speeches and four classes to give...now I better get back to creating my slides...

No comments: