Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Incredible Shrinking Sisters

So I'm at work late tonight shooting commercials for our products and between takes I thought I'd add an entry to my blog. Today I talked to two of my cute sisters that are shrinking by the day and it's truly incredible the changes they've made in their lives. I'm so proud of them and even more inspired by them. In the Call family the girls have always been a bit on the voluptuos side. We've got curves in all the right places and we've got curves in all the wrong places too. We all love to eat and come from a home where each meal was a carefully cooked feast of deliciousness! Our mom is an amazing cook (and an even more amazing mom). So all of us girls have never been really skinny except when we were little. Until now! Nikki ordered the Core Secrets, a treadmill, started cutting back on her calories, and dropped close to 50 pounds. Emily read a book called "Eat To Live" and "The China Study", became a die-hard vegan, and lost about 35 pounds. They've gone from size 12-14 down to size 4-6. I honestly have to say I didn't think it was even possible for one of us Call sisters to ever be smaller than a 10. I just figured it was in our genes or something. But boy am I wrong. Way to go ma sistahs! I've been thouroughly educated on the benefits of a vegan diet by Emily and have completely given up meat, milk, and most cheese. I have not yet been able to give up my Feta cheese however, but I've cut way back. I do feel great and I'm losing weight, but VERY SLOWLY. I hope once I start running more and playing tennis again it will come off faster. I do know that this plant based diet makes me feel great! I'm totally a believer. I don't feel sick and bloated after eating, I just feel great and my body is working and feeling better. Next week Nikki is getting some surgery and will have a totally new body, in addition to all her hard work. I can't wait to see her! So everyone save up your money and in July we're all going to meet up in Vegas for a shopping spree like you've never seen before! The Call sisters need new clothes!

8 comments:

Jamie "Ozneck" said...

ummm i dont see myself as being voluptuos....

Sonja said...

Whatever....you're one hot momma!

BreAnna said...

I didnt know you were vegan, I was vegan for over a year, be careful what you do, it can be really hard on your body, but a great diet if you are careful and suppliment right, which I didn't do, I was naive and thought the diet alone would give me all the nutrients I needed, boy was I wrong, and I payed the price! So are you giving up wool and leather too? I guess I have to say I wasnt true vegan, I was a "dietary vegan" because I had a dog; no dogs, cats, fishes, no nothing, not even honey or pearls in the true vegan way, it is one strick lifestyle!

Sonja said...

Bre I didn't know you were a vegan at one time! I'm just a dietary vegan too. It's not really a moral issue for me, just a health one. I've studied a ton about it and it makes so much sense to me. If not done correctly however it's not healthy at all! There are a lot of malnourished vegans out there. When the vegan diet is done properly you should only need to supplement vitamin D and B12. All other nutrients can be made by your body with the plant based foods. And to get the vitamin D you just need a few minutes of sun each day. Unfortunately i don't do it perfectly yet so I do supplement. I've never felt better! I'm not totally strict, but try my best to eat only plant based foods, and eating meat sparingly. I feel like it's the word of wisdom diet!

BreAnna said...

So you do eat some meat? when I stepped back (which I had to do because my body was WACKED!) I added fish only (after becoming ovo-laco). Do you eat fish or other forms of meat? I was Pescetarian for many years.

Sonja said...

I only eat meat when there aren't any other choices and then I try to choose fish. I eat a lot of veggie meat though such as Garden Burgers and TVP which have complete protiens. It's acually pretty good! Beans and rice are also a staple. Tonight at the dinner we're going to I'm sure we'll be served meat and I'll probably have a little to be polite. So, I won't freak out if I eat meat, but I don't do it very often. If there is a choice between meat and fish, I'll choose the fish.

BreAnna said...

I eat very similar to this sonja, funny that we never knew this about each other! You seem like you know what you are doing, and there is nothing better than getting your 5 a day! Have so much fun tonight, you guys are going to have so much fun, take a picture if you get a chance, I would love to see you all done up, and jeremy too!

Anonymous said...

wow you make me sound great...........hahahahahaha