Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Baby Cox Week 9

Sorry if these pictures freak everyone out. I think they are facinating. This is what baby should look like this week. Our little baby is .09 inches long and is growing so fast. Baby is starting to move around and use those joints, but I won't feel it for another 9-12 weeks. Apparently baby can also grab things with those tiny little hands such as other fingers, toes, ears, etc. Most of the joints are formed and finger prints are already evident on the skin. Apparently baby will respond to light and sound too. I always imagine if I was holding the baby in my hand right now. They'd be so tiny! It's really amazing to me, and really cool! What's not so cool is how sick I feel. I wake up in the morning feeling sick and I go to bed at night feeling sick. And I feel sick all hours in between. I feel like I'm going to throw up all the time, but I never do. This is the worst it's been and hopefully the worst it will be. It helps to go to work and try to focus on other things and not think about it. Eating is difficult because nothing sounds good at all, but I have to eat for the baby so I force it down. The other night nothing sounded good and I didn't have much at home so I stopped at Wendy's and ordered 5 different things from the dollar menu. Then I got home and set them all out on the table and said ok, which one sounds best. I ended up with the potato and a little chili for protein. Jeremy got the rest. Fortunately I don't crave sweets at all. Not even chocolate! On Sunday we had homeade Macaroni and Cheese for Audrey's first birthday dinner and that felt good in my tummy and didn't hurt it more. I'll have to get the recipe. I also have crazy dreams every night and a little trouble sleeping. I've had several friends tell me that the sicker you are the healthier your baby is. If that's the truth then all the discomfort will be worth it. I often worry that baby is growing three arms or two heads or something. I hope not! I also feel really tired still, but I'm getting more used to handling it. When I look at what my body is doing though it's no wonder I'm exhausted all the time! I'm making fingers and toes and hearts, and stuff. It's incredible!

5 comments:

BreAnna said...

It is incredible! I think the picture or really cool, I hope you keep posting them, it really gives me a good idea of whats growing you your belly! I cant wait to "see" you get pregnant, I think you are going to be so cute when your belly starts to pop! Sorry you are feeling sick, so any feeling/dreams/anything on boy or girl?

BreAnna said...

sorry about all the typos!

Sonja said...

Daxton says I have a girl in my tummy so I believe him! He also says his mom is having a boy.

BreAnna said...

That is so funny, he is such a funny kid, I think its a girl too, but I am not ready to make my final bet on boy or girl yet, I need to feel it out a little more, but I am feeling girl. I think chantelle will have a girl next. So maybe he has you two confused :o) Let me know all about what happens tomorrow!

Dixon Family said...

It was fun to see you last night thanks for coming by. I too cant wait until I see that tummy pop!!