Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Fun Firsts
So my first Dr. appointment was on Friday June 21. I was very excited and nervous all at the same time. I wasn't sure what was going to happen since so many people have so many different experiences. But I was just happy to be going. For some reason it made it seem more real. Our Dr. is so nice, and very funny. He's really laid back and made it seem like this was no big deal, people do this everyday, you'll be just fine. I think he could tell I was nervous. I am a very nervous person in a Dr. office. I always make Jeremy come with me. Even into the room. Once when they called me to go back, Jeremy just stayed in the waiting room and I was so mad and kept praying that he would come find me and be with me and he did. I was having a mole removed, which to me is major surgery so I needed his support. Anyways, Jeremy came with me on Friday and made me feel calm like he always does. They made me take off all my clothes and that freaked me out and I kept asking Jeremy "what are they going to do to me?" and he just reassured me that it would all be fine. My doctor doesn't do an ultra sound until about 20 weeks so I just had an exam, he said everything seemed fine. My uterus is the right size for 9 weeks and he says I have a nice birth canal. Just what every girl wants to hear! He gave me some advice on what to eat and told me to exercise then sent me on my way. It was pretty painless. Oh and I peed in a cup. I got a little dizzy in the waiting room on the way out and had to sit down for a few minutes and take deep breaths, but I guess that's normal. He did want to do some blood work (which I hate) but I just had that done a few months ago in a prenatal exam so he didn't make me do it. Of course Jeremy has already charmed the entire office staff with his witty jokes and flattering comments. They all love him and will be getting to know him well over the next nine months! My next appointment is on August 18 and I'll get to hear the heartbeat! Can't wait for that. On Sunday I told the Primary children I was going to have a baby and it was cute how excited they all got! One of the little boys, Dalu, who is usually too cool for everything was the most excited. He just kept saying "That's cool!" and both his aunt and his mom came to find me after church to tell me how excited he was. A few of the other girls would come and hug me after church like they usually do, but this time they would rub my belly and talk to it. Then they carried all of my stuff to the car for me, they wouldn't even let Jeremy help. It was so cute! Today is another important first I want to mention. It's Tay's first day of Kindergarten! He's so cute and all ready for school. He says he's excited but a little nervous because he doesn't know anyone. His mom gets to go with him the entire first day and I can't wait until they get back to hear all about how it went. Congratulations Tay, you're getting so big! Emily has a new blog and you can read it by clicking on The Dixons link on the left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love reading the updates, it is so fun to follow all the progress, I cant wait for you to hear the heart beat too, so exciting! Thanks for sharing, I am so impressed you did so much prenatal stuff, you are one prepared momma!
Isn't it funny that a male docotor wouldn't think anything of telling a women she has a good size birth canal? I was told the same thing (I guess it runs in the family) I guess its a good thing though Tay weighed 8 lbs and I had no problems!!
I think we all do pushed a total of 3 times with each kid makes it a lot nicer
Post a Comment