Thursday, July 27, 2006

Baby Cox Week 10

Wow it's already another week. That went by fast. Part of me is happy when it goes by fast because it means I'm closer to feeling better, but another part of me is scared to death. I'm sure I'll continue to feel both feelings for a while! Here is what baby should look like this week. Fingernails and toenails have started to grow along with little peachfuzz all over the body. Baby can also kick and swallow and is the size of a walnut. In the next three weeks baby will triple in size! The head is starting to get a little bit smaller, but is still about half the length of the body. The forehead is so big because the brain is busy developing. Baby's fingers are completely seperated and the cute little hands flex at the wrist and cross over the heart. The legs are getting longer too and should be able to reach the front of the body. As for mom she is still suffering from all day sickness. I just feel really nauseated all day long, and all night long. Although yesterday I bought some wintergreen lifesavers and they seem to help! Last night I felt good enough to go for a walk and I attribute it to the lifesavers. My only concern is that they will give me cavities or something if I eat too many since they are made of mostly sugar. The flavor helps ease my nausea though. I haven't gained any weight, in fact I've lost a few pounds, but I feel fat. My tummy seems to just poke out, but I'm just bloated. Apparently that is normal. I have to get up in the night frequently to go to the bathroom and then have a hard time falling asleep again. I toss and turn a lot. It's pay back for Jeremy. Usually he's the one doing all the wiggling and keeping me awake. Now it's my turn! Other than that everything is fine! Last night the power went out for about 8 hours so we sat around and tried to keep cool while thinking of baby names. It was really fun, but hard! Last night we focused mostly on girl names and then another time we'll think of some boy names. We probably won't get too serious about names until we know the sex of baby however. Jeremy contributed one name: Sadie. I think it's cute, but I really like Sydney, Kennedy, and Peyton. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

4 comments:

BreAnna said...

Sonja, I love these updates so much, and so will baby, wouldnt it be fun to read something like this your mom wrote when she was pregnant with you! I am sorry you are feeling sick, that is no fun, and dont worry about the lifesavers it should be just fine! I cant believe you are 1/4th done already, it does go so fast. Ok, I know I dont get a say, but I love the name kennedey, what a beautiful name, how fun to be able to really think of baby names and have it mean something. AND I am SO glad you are going to find the sex out, to hard to wait, for me at least! Thanks for the update!

BreAnna said...

I like all the names, just thought I would throw that in (of course I like sydney because that is alias name and I was her for halloween!)

Dixon Family said...

Have you tried ginger?? I sent some essential oils to Tina when she was really sick and she said it helped ALOT. You should try it. It is fun to see the updates I have forgotten about all of that stuff and how incredible it is.

Sonja said...

Emily, mom is ordering me some peppermint oil so I can pick it up at the Young Living headquarters on my way home from work. I'm anxious to try it. She also told me about ginger snaps so I might go buy some today. Bre, my favorite name is Kennedy too, and it's the least popular of the three. Now I just have to convince Jeremy. Emily says persistence works when convincing the hubby of the name you love....such as Abrielle!