Ok so the word is out. It was way too hard to keep this secret! Thanks to our families for being so excited for us! We are feeling extremely thankful and blessed that this happened so quickly and continue to pray that everything will be ok with our new little baby. I'll keep an update here of what is happening each week. It may not be interesting for anyone but me, but that's ok. According the my calculations I will have been pregnant for 8 weeks tomorrow! Here is a picture of what baby cox looks like (well this isn't the acutal baby cox, but baby cox looks something like this.) Baby is the size of a kidney bean and growing really fast right now. Little toes and fingers are beginning to form this week and the tiny arms can bend at the elbow. All the major organs are formed, but still need a lot of developing. Eye development is underway and cartilage and bones are beginning to appear. And this week baby cox will start to developing into a boy or girl, and is officially a fetus. I can hardly wait for my first Dr. appointment so we can hear a heartbeat! I am experiencing the normal symptoms: breast tenderness (really bad), nausea (not too bad, but uncomfortable), tight fitting clothes (I'm already fat), and fatigue (not fun). So far it hasn't been that bad at all (except Jeremy is bored because I sleep more) and I actually enjoy feeling the symptoms because hopefully it means all is going well. It's all part of the experience! I'm starting to have food aversions. My favorites no longer sound good and sometimes I have no idea what sounds good. The other day I thought I would die if I didn't get some Kentucky Fried chicken...and I hate that place. I feel slight nausea pretty much all day but mostly at night. So I just eat all day and that helps. But I'm learning that because I'm eating more often I need to not eat so much. I think I've been more clumsy. I walk into walls, knock things over, lose my balance, and spill a lot of stuff, but Jeremy says I've always been that way so it may or may not be related to the pregnancy. All of the symptoms are really a lot of fun and so exciting! We couldn't be happier! I think baby looks so cute, Jeremy thinks baby is wierd looking. The other night after I had gone to bed (early) Jeremy was bored so he stayed up all alone. About 2am he came in the bedroom shining a light in my face. I asked him what it was and he said it was my iPod. He told me he found a song on the internet that he thought I would like and he downloaded it for me. Next thing I know he's putting the earhpones in my ears and before I hardly knew what was happening a song was playing. It was a beautiful song he wrote, recorded, and downloaded onto my iPod and it's all about me and our new little baby. It's called Sonja's Song and it's so beautiful I just started crying! He's the best husband a girl could ask for and will be the most amazing dad!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Our Teeny Tiny Baby!
Ok so the word is out. It was way too hard to keep this secret! Thanks to our families for being so excited for us! We are feeling extremely thankful and blessed that this happened so quickly and continue to pray that everything will be ok with our new little baby. I'll keep an update here of what is happening each week. It may not be interesting for anyone but me, but that's ok. According the my calculations I will have been pregnant for 8 weeks tomorrow! Here is a picture of what baby cox looks like (well this isn't the acutal baby cox, but baby cox looks something like this.) Baby is the size of a kidney bean and growing really fast right now. Little toes and fingers are beginning to form this week and the tiny arms can bend at the elbow. All the major organs are formed, but still need a lot of developing. Eye development is underway and cartilage and bones are beginning to appear. And this week baby cox will start to developing into a boy or girl, and is officially a fetus. I can hardly wait for my first Dr. appointment so we can hear a heartbeat! I am experiencing the normal symptoms: breast tenderness (really bad), nausea (not too bad, but uncomfortable), tight fitting clothes (I'm already fat), and fatigue (not fun). So far it hasn't been that bad at all (except Jeremy is bored because I sleep more) and I actually enjoy feeling the symptoms because hopefully it means all is going well. It's all part of the experience! I'm starting to have food aversions. My favorites no longer sound good and sometimes I have no idea what sounds good. The other day I thought I would die if I didn't get some Kentucky Fried chicken...and I hate that place. I feel slight nausea pretty much all day but mostly at night. So I just eat all day and that helps. But I'm learning that because I'm eating more often I need to not eat so much. I think I've been more clumsy. I walk into walls, knock things over, lose my balance, and spill a lot of stuff, but Jeremy says I've always been that way so it may or may not be related to the pregnancy. All of the symptoms are really a lot of fun and so exciting! We couldn't be happier! I think baby looks so cute, Jeremy thinks baby is wierd looking. The other night after I had gone to bed (early) Jeremy was bored so he stayed up all alone. About 2am he came in the bedroom shining a light in my face. I asked him what it was and he said it was my iPod. He told me he found a song on the internet that he thought I would like and he downloaded it for me. Next thing I know he's putting the earhpones in my ears and before I hardly knew what was happening a song was playing. It was a beautiful song he wrote, recorded, and downloaded onto my iPod and it's all about me and our new little baby. It's called Sonja's Song and it's so beautiful I just started crying! He's the best husband a girl could ask for and will be the most amazing dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's cute!
I agree, keep that baby in there much much longer, looks sort of foreign and NOT in a good way. We are so happy for you, and sonja I loved reading this I hope you really do put all your little odds and ends of pregnancy on here I want to read them all, congrats you two! for some reason it seems more weird for jer and sonja to have a baby than chantelle and jake, I dont know why, but this all seems brand new all over again with you guys!
Post a Comment