Here are baby's feet this week. The toes and fingers are completely seperated now. Baby is the size of a prune, about 1.5 inches and weighs about an ounce. Baby is also starting to breathe and move around a lot and will get a few hiccups. Momma won't feel any of this movement for several more weeks but apparently if I shine light on my belly baby will move around. Mom is still feeling sick but had a few great days this week. Evenings are still worst. I think I could go all day without eating since nothing sounds good, but I'm too hungry to starve so I try to think of what sounds best and get it down. On Tuesday I thought a cheeseburger would sound good. I haven't eaten a cheeseburger in years, but for some reason I really thought it would be great. And I didn't want fast food, I wanted a real restaurant burger. After a 20 minute wait we were finally seated and ordered. When the meal arrived I couldn't even take a bite. Jeremy thought I was nuts, but I couldn't. I did eat it the next day however. Hopefully only a few more weeks of this and I should start to feel better! I visited my best friend who is 8 months pregnant and part of me looks so forward to being at that stage, but I'll just take each stage one at a time. I'm so thankful to all my sisters and friends who give me such good advice. I have so many great examples to look up to. Lucky me!
Thursday, August 03, 2006
11 Week Old Baby
Here are baby's feet this week. The toes and fingers are completely seperated now. Baby is the size of a prune, about 1.5 inches and weighs about an ounce. Baby is also starting to breathe and move around a lot and will get a few hiccups. Momma won't feel any of this movement for several more weeks but apparently if I shine light on my belly baby will move around. Mom is still feeling sick but had a few great days this week. Evenings are still worst. I think I could go all day without eating since nothing sounds good, but I'm too hungry to starve so I try to think of what sounds best and get it down. On Tuesday I thought a cheeseburger would sound good. I haven't eaten a cheeseburger in years, but for some reason I really thought it would be great. And I didn't want fast food, I wanted a real restaurant burger. After a 20 minute wait we were finally seated and ordered. When the meal arrived I couldn't even take a bite. Jeremy thought I was nuts, but I couldn't. I did eat it the next day however. Hopefully only a few more weeks of this and I should start to feel better! I visited my best friend who is 8 months pregnant and part of me looks so forward to being at that stage, but I'll just take each stage one at a time. I'm so thankful to all my sisters and friends who give me such good advice. I have so many great examples to look up to. Lucky me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have no good advice, but I love the updates and I cant wait for you to start showing I think you are going to be so cute! Weird to think how fast things develope in there! Sorry you are still feeling sick!
Hang in there!! your so close to the best part of preganancy (in my opinion) The second trimester is great. You feel so much better, you finally start to show and soon you will start to feel these funny little butterflies in your tummy!!! I cant wait til you write about that!
Bre, you always have good advice! You are wise beyond your years. Emily I can't wait for the good part too. I'm ready for it. I want to buy cute clothes. But not too many of course. I can't wait to hold Tina's little baby on Saturday! Sorry if it seems like all I write about is being sick. It is kind of all that happens in my life right now. I hope I don't sound like too much of a complainer!
Thanks sonja your great, well then... my advice would be, dont stop writing about what you are really feeling, next time you are pregnant you may not remember things (funny how fast we forget the hard things), and you can compare them, next time things may be different, and maybe not, at least you will know for sure. It will be like "was I this sick at week 11 with Kennedy (insert any other name:)?" then you can look back and know exactly where you were with baby #1. It is such a great tribute, your baby is going to charish this so much. I for one will definately be coming to your archieves when I am pregnant to see how I am comparing to where you were at each stage and how you were feeling, I LOVE it!
Post a Comment