Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Ok so Jamie mentioned a great idea to me yesterday. She suggested that for Thanksgiving we all go up and stay at the Mount Charleston Lodge in their cabins. I called today and they have 3 left. Unfortunately they are the three small ones. Each one has a king size bed and a sleeper sofa. All the family cabins are taken. The rate is $214 a night. I think it would be fun to do and it would be so beautiful up there this time of year. She said Nikki didn’t want to stay the night but she could come up during the day. I figure we could split the remaining 3 cabins like this: Jeremy and Sonja/Craig and Cody in cabin 1; Mom, Dad, Jamie and Travis in cabin 2; and The Dixon Family/Julie and Paulette (we could bring an air mattress for the kids) in cabin 3. What do you guys think? We could totally make our own dinner or eat at the lodge. We can all bring snacks to much on and have a great time. What do you say? It might even be fun to stay two nights, Thursday and Friday. One more thing, each cabin has a microwave, a mini fridge, and a double wide whirlpool tub, and the lodge has video poker. Now if that doesn't convince you I don't know what will.

3 comments:

BreAnna said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, this sounds like a great family thanksgiving! This might be a fun place for a summer vacation as well, how far away is it?

Anonymous said...

Sonja I have stayed in these smaller cabins they are honeymoon cabins you do not want to take the kids to these cabins they are made for couples only hot tubs and a king size bed are pretty much the only things in the room very good idea but you do need a family cabin

Sonja said...

Nikki, that's good to know. I'm glad you've stayed there. I was a little worried they'd be too small. I thought it was a great idea too, we'll have to reserve the family cabins in advance for next year. Maybe we should go out to Echo Bay Resort or something?

Bre, these cabins are about an hour outside of Las Vegas so not too far. We used to go to Mt. Charleston a lot when we were kids for camping and playing in the snow. Lots of fun memories there!