Friday, January 12, 2007

Baby Cox Week 33 and 34

I missed a week! They fly by so fast I can't even seem to keep up. I'll cover two weeks in this post. Baby is now the size of a football and is approximately 17 inches long and almost 5 pounds! Can you believe it? I can! He's getting heavier and heavier to carry around inside me. My belly is a big round ball and it's weight is getting very uncomfortable. Taking baths is my favorite! And one of the only times I feel at ease. (But my belly doesn't really fit in the water). I take at least one a day. Some of my maternity clothes are now too small with my growing belly. I get out of breath more often, probably due to all the squishing of my internal organs. They really get pushed together the bigger baby gets. His movements are also much stronger and more noticeable. He moves around so much! Sometimes when I wake up in the morning he is all on one side and my belly looks quite funny so lopsided! A bit of walking around and he get's back in balance again and I don't look so strange in my clothes.

Mostly I'm in complete shock that this has all gone by so fast. He is coming so soon! I'm so excited about it! It will be so fun to have him at home and outside of my belly so I can hold him with my arms. I really have been carrying him around with me every minute of every day for almost eight months now. We share food, blood, everything. No wonder momma's feel so close to their babies! I can't wait to hold him with my arms instead of my belly. But I can wait a little longer since I have 3 showers coming up and look forward to all the help with baby supplies. Without those showers I think I might get really overwhelmed with all there is to buy. I am so thankful for the friends and family who are helping us out. You have no idea how much stress it relieves and how much help it is.

Our apartment remodeling is probably complete by now. We recieved brand new carpet and tile so all the floor surfaces in our apartment are brand new. We've literally had to move out and back in again. It's nice, because it's forced us to dejunk and make room for baby, but it's been really incovenient and a lot of hard work, mostly for Jeremy who has done it all by himself. Moving around all the furniture has really made me appreciate his talents again. As you know every piece we have, except the couch and dining room table was made by him. It's all so beautiful and I just stare at it in awe. I can't believe how incredible he is. I'm sure he'll be teaching his son the fine art of woodworking one day too.

Once our apartment is all put back together we'll post some photos so you can see the new upgrades. Currently everything we own is in our living room! Hopefully by Sunday we can start to live normally again! So happy baby will have new clean floors to roll around on!

3 comments:

BreAnna said...

I have been waiting for this! I cant believe you are already at 24 weeks, I am also in awe at how fast your pregnancy has gone it really feels like you guys just told us you were expecting and now he is almost here! I cant wait to see the new house, I am sure it is lovely! Enjoy these last few weeks with just the two of you, you are going to be such an amazing mom!

BreAnna said...

34, you know I mean 34!

Jamie "Ozneck" said...

where's the pic?