Who knew how strong the love would be for this new baby? I've decided that putting your feelings about a new baby into words are absolutely impossible. I had no idea of the depth and power of emotions that I'd feel for this sweet boy. Sometimes is just hits you at unexpected times and all you can do is cry with joy. Most of the time you're consumed with the overwhelming feeling of gratitude, happiness, and a love that is stronger than you knew ever even existed.
Who knew how hard it would be? I've often been asked what is the hardest part of being a mom. My answer is always the same. It's not the late nights, Ty has been sleeping through the night most of his short life. It's not the constant feedings, I love those and look forward to them. It's something I can do for him that no one else can and I love the time we spend together. It's not the exhaustion. I got used to that when I was pregnant. I actually get more sleep now that he's outside of me. It's not the sacrifice of giving up what I want. I can't think of anything else I'd rather have than time with him. The hardest part, for me anyways, is the fear and worry you feel constantly. Is he still breathing? Did he eat enough? Is something hurting him? Is he scared? Is he hot? Is he cold? Is he ok? I have a feeling that will never go away. Loving someone this much means that losing that person would be more than a heart could take. I know that I'll always worry that he's still breathing and that he eats enough and if something is hurting him and if he's scared, and if he's hot or cold, and if he's ok. Always.
Who knew how rewarding it would be? I still don't think I comprehend this one, and throughout little Ty's life I'll understand it more. But for now, I can honestly say I had no idea that I'd love motherhood so much. I think deep down I knew, but I wasn't sure. But trust me, the rewards are more incredible than I ever thought possible.
Who knew we'd take so many photos? Here are just a few of my favorites over the last three months:




















2 comments:
he is so great, I am so glad I finally got to hold him and be with him, he is so great and GROWING like a weed!!! I love all these pictures such a great life!
These photos are so great, so great. I love seeing you with Ty and Jeremy with Ty. There is so much love in that little family.
- Alisa
Post a Comment