Friday, September 14, 2007

Ty Time

I'm done sermonizing for a while and now it's time for an update on baby Ty. By the weekend our wireless connection will be restored and I'll catch up on pictures and videos from the last month or so. We were sharing a connection with our neighbors who just moved and I'm using a dial up connection. If I were to upload a photo it would take four days. Until then here's the latest....

He had his six month check up on September 4th and is doing great. He's 17.1 pounds, 26.5 inches and has a really big head. His body is in the 30th percentile, his height in the 50th and his head the 90th! And of course his cuteness is off the charts.

He has been sitting unassisted for a little over two weeks and loves to be a big boy by sitting all on his own. He is also rolling all over the place and talks more than ever. His favorite words are mamamama, dadadadadada, bababababa, and mmmmmmmm. He talks so much in fact that we've had to remove him from sacrament meeting and other church activities. He hasn't yet learned that there are times for talking and times for being quiet. He is SO social. He just loves being around people and hates saying goodbye. I think this must come from taking him to work everyday or something. It's adorable how much he loves being in the middle of all the action.

He loves to swing and smiles so big when he does. He also loves his morning walks. We walk/job together every morning for an hour and he talks all the way, until he gets too sleepy. I'm hoping all this walking and jogging will help me get into shape, but so far I've gained two pounds...what's up with that?

We also started Ty on solid foods right at six months and he's doing great with them. He loves butternut squash and sweet potatoes, prunes and bananas. He still makes funny faces with peaches, pears, and peas, but eats them all up anyways. He also loves drinking water, but not from a sippy, from a real cup. He is a big boy after all.

He also has a new funny face...it's been a blast watching him with his cute little faces. This latest one is the best of all! I'm trying really hard to capture it in a photo.

He's the sweetest, most fun little boy I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and we're having a blast staying at home! Soon there will be one long catch up post with all Ty's latest talents including sitting and eating!

No comments: