Sunday, October 14, 2007

Come A Little Bit Closer...

Sunday's are busy busy days for us Cox's. Jeremy is at church at 7:00am and I follow closely behind at 7:30am (on two Sunday's a month) with baby Ty in tow. When Primary starts at 9am Jeremy takes Ty until the two hours is over. By then I'm ready to see my little man. I miss him. Two hours is too long to be away. I frantically search for baby and his dad, eager to get my arms around my babe. But this Sunday everyone else was eager as well.

Ty is well loved in the ward and there are many people who are willing to take him, and keep him for longer than I'd like. I'm happy that he's so comfortable going to other people but sometimes I just want him all to myself and I don't like sharing.

As I was looking back at these photos it appears I've been that way from the very beginning. I just can't get enough of him, and I can't get him any closer to me. I couldn't then and I still can't.

I hope my boy is always this close to me. Maybe not in person, our goal is that he grows up and moves away and has a family of his own, but in our relationship I hope we are always close.

Today a baby was blessed and it brought back memories of when Jeremy blessed Ty. The part of the blessing that I remember most is when he blessed Ty that he would always have a good close relationship with his mother. That he would always come to me in time of need and learn from my wisdom and be comforted by my love. What a sweet blessing that was. And what an incredibly sweet blessing these two are to me...

No comments: