Lion House Apple Crisp6 cups Apples peeled, seeded, sliced, put in baking dish
Pour 1 cup of sugar, one half teaspoon of salt, and one teaspoon of cinnamon over the top of apples.
For topping mix one cup flour, one cup brown sugar, one cup oats, 3/4 teaspoon baking powder and one cup cold butter in a bowl. Just mix enough to break up butter. It should be crumbly.
Put topping over apples and then cook for 40 minutes. SO GOOD!
I also spent a lot of time making baby food for Ty. I used some of the leftover apples to make applesauce for him. He also got pears, pumpkin, butternut squash, and carrots. Making his food is really fun and it tastes much better than the food in the jar...or at least I think so.
5 comments:
I can't believe you made Ty his own food. What a mom you are!! Thanks for the yummy apple crisp idea. Sounds so good!!!!!
We used to make baby food, too, for our kids, so I totally agree about how much better it is! And it's nice because as they get older you can change the consistencies yourself to be more appropriate. We used tons of applesauce, though - it seemed to help the others go down on harder days. Way to go! Are you freezing it?
Laura, applesauce is one of my favorites too. I never knew it was so easy to make. I'd love to hear more about what you made. I heard that mangoes and avacados make great baby food. Any tips or ideas you have are great! I'm really enjoying it! I am freezing it. Did you use ice cube trays? I haven't tried that yet. I'm just using the little 4oz tupperware I had.
Oh and Char, the apple crisp is so easy...the only problem is that it's hard to resist. So much for all that running I've been doing.
You know, I never did get back to icecube trays - the little tupperwares seemed to be just about the right amount! As for the other things we did, I'm not sure any turned out as well as the squashes and sweet potatoes. We tried peas, beans, and mashed potates with gravy, but the first two never really get smooth, and the last one was just icky. We did have luck mixing types, though, and sometimes I'd put a little raspberry and pear in with them and call them "desserts". Avocado is so healthy, but it's pretty strong flavored so we mixed it with applesauce. It makes great finger food later on, though.
I love the pictures of your little boy, and made Justin look at the one of him eating - it just cracks me up! I can't wait to meet him sometime!
Post a Comment