
I was so excited to stay at home so I could finally have some time to work on my cooking skills. I love the idea of cooking meals, but haven't really had a convenient time to do so yet. With work and a commute we mostly ate things that could be made in the microwave. I'm hoping to try a new recipe once a week. So far I've made Chicken Souvlaki with tzatziki (really easy and so delicious) and tonight I made Curried Butternut Apple Soup. It's so good! I can't wait to eat it this weekend when it's supposed to be cold and snowing! I have enough for everyone so feel free to stop by and enjoy a bowl of hot yummy soup! I also made several servings of butternut squash for Ty. Making his food is fun too.Curried Butternut Apple Soup
Ingredients:1/4 cup margarine or butter
2 cups chopped onion
1 rib celery
4tsp. curry powder
2 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cut into one inch cubes
3 medium apples, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
3 cups water
1 cup cider
Directions:
In a heavy kettle combine onion, celery, butter, and curry powder. Cover and cook over low heat until veggies are tender (about 10 minutes) stirring often. Add cubed squash, apples and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20-30 minutes or until squash and apples are cooked thoroughly. Strain and set aside liquid. Puree the apple-squash mixture with one cup of strained liquid. Add cider and remaining liquid to reach desired consistency. Garnish with grated apple, yogurt, or sour cream.

Next week look for Chicken stuffed with Goat Cheese and Garlic served over fettuccine. Yum. I also want to make pumpkin soup. I had it once while I was traveling and loved it!
3 comments:
Look how domestic you are! I am quite jealous of your skills. Give Ty a big "Get Well Soon Hug" from me! Poor little guy.
I love this, I am always looking for new recipes, please post all the meals you try and like!
Yummmmmy...that looks so good. I'm going to try it out!! I miss your cooking. Remeber those chicken pesto and b-que pizzas you use to make us. I've tried, but they never taste as good as yours did.
Post a Comment