Thursday, October 04, 2007

Poor Baby Ty

So Ty got sick. Poor little guy. On Tuesday night he woke up about every two hours crying. I would rock him back to sleep but it took a while, then he'd just wake up again. That was a long night! The next morning I noticed a rash all over his tummy, back, head, and face so I called the Dr. right away. They had me bring him in and turns out he has tonsillitis. It's viral so I guess that's what causes the rash. His throat is sore so I am giving him Tylenol at night to help him sleep. It does help a little. During the day he actually seems just fine. He's quite a trooper. Nothing really gets to him! The sleeping is the hardest part though. He struggles to go to sleep and stay asleep. Dr. said it would probably be a week before he felt better.

I'm just happy to know what's wrong. It's no fun being up all night with a crying baby and not being able to help him other than hold him. It will be interesting to see if he has problems with his tonsils. Apparently tonsillitis is pretty rare in children before their first birthday.

Here is the sick boy this morning, rash and all!




1 comment:

BreAnna said...

oh your poor little guy!! What a sad looking rash he has!! I hope he doesnt have tonsil problems, paul did and it was terrible, he was sick so often and then he had to get them out. and here's the kicker, he took his removed tonsils to show and tell!1 YUCK!