Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Little Obsession

I realize how obnoxious it must be to everyone to read the endless posts, video clips, and photos of my baby boy Ty. I admit that I'm totally head over heels in love with , unwaveringly enamored by, completely obsessed over him, but in addition to that, I also have a mother, a father, a brother, and three sisters who live far away that love knowing the details of his little life.

I also love being able to record the simple details of his life so easily and quickly. It's so great that within seconds I can download a photo and add a few words and keep it forever. It would take me much longer to print them and handwrite the commentary. So for now my blog will continue to be taken up by my fanaticism for my cute little son. I know for some it can be boring , but as for me, I look at it at least a hundred times a day and smile! And now on to my latest blog post...

We recently moved and I wanted to show some photos of Ty's new room. He really likes it!



















And just for fun, you can see Ty is still working on his signature look. He's been making this face for a really long time now and it just gets better. He cracks us up every time he does it. And it gets random people in the grocery store and other places we go to laugh pretty hard too!


In other news, Ty took his time becoming mobile. He has always been very content and happy (despite the look on his face in the photo above) and I think that's why he was fine just staying put. He didn't feel a need to move about...he was just happy with whatever situation he was in. (And it made life really easy for me!) At least that's what I think, but who really knows? What I do know is that now he's crawling, climbing, cruising, and crashing with the best of them!

Just the other day I grabbed his little hands to see how he's do walking and he practically took off without me. Perhaps he'll go from sitting still to jogging all in one month? I love his tiny little body and his great big head. But I especially love how proud he looks in this clip. It's cute to see how happy he is when knows he's doing something new.

7 comments:

Jamie "Ozneck" said...

Whatup sista!! His room looks really cute!! You did a excellent job! I can't believe he's almost one! any plans for the 1st b-day yet?

Sonja said...

Oh you wouldn't believe the plans I'm cooking up! You really don't want to miss it. Why don't you come up and we'll celebrate you two birthday buddies together!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Sonja
I love seeing the new pictures and videos of Ty. He is growing up so fast! I love his room, so cute. How do you like your glider rocker? We are still trying to decide what to get by way of rocking chair. I want something comfy enough to sleep in, he he.

Ashlee said...

Sonja, you're a MOM! I just found you on Charlyn's blog and I'm so happy for you! He's adorable! I'll bet you're a great (and obvioulsy proud!) mom!
Ashlee

Zachary said...

Don't apologize for your blog! It is awesome to see how your little family is growing! Keep it up!

Arah Debra said...

I will never get sick of hearing your stories or seeing cute pictures and clips of Ty. His room is darling!

Unknown said...

Ok Sonja,
That little face that he pulls just cracks me up. My husband was looking through blogs the other night and couldn't get over how cute Ty is. I love his room too. Way cute.