Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Practicing For Two

It's no secret to most that I'm anxious for another baby. Minutes after Ty was born I was already thinking how much I wanted another. When he was six months I had decided, with Jeremy that when Ty was nine months old, we'd start trying for number two. Well then nine months came and I didn't feel quite ready, but I'm starting to feel the ready feeling now.

It scares me though. Not the part about having the baby here, that part I love. I could care less about loss of sleep and sore boobs (sorry if that's too graphic for the boys). The part I fear the most is the pregnancy. Unfortunately I am one of those who didn't like being pregnant at all. I loved the idea of being pregnant. I loved thinking about this little human growing inside me. Each week I was fascinated to read what progress he was making as he grew and I loved feeling him move and hearing his heartbeat. But I didn't like the way it made me feel physically. I won't go into detail because it's all recorded in the archives of my blog...every week of my first pregnancy.

I hear each pregnancy can be different and I hope this is the case, but either way, it's all worth it to have that baby here. Yesterday I got to practice having two. I was tending a friends baby, who is just older than Ty, and I had a ball. They were so cute and fun. Made me want another, even if I suffer for nine months!


3 comments:

Zachary said...

I have no doubt that you are an awesome mother. Ty is very lucky. Good luck whenever you and your family start with the newest addition.

Unknown said...

I have to agree that every pregnancy is different. With Warner I was only sick every once in awhile. I would just have a really bad day and spend the entire day sick. With this pregnancy for the first 3-4 months there wasn't a night I wasn't sitting on the bathroom floor. Luckily that all went away.

I love finding out that I'm pregnant. Love that the first trimester is over. Enjoy the second trimester because you finally have a little energy. As for the last trimester I just begged my Dr. today to move my due date up a week. I want a good nights sleep. Will that really happen when the baby gets here? Realisticly NO, but one can wish!

I'm excited for you to have number two. You are such a great mother!

Arah Debra said...

How exciting! Good for you being ready so soon. If anyone can do it you can.