
It's Valentine's Day so let the mushy love stuff begin!
I spend quite a bit of time talking about my love for my sweet baby boy on here and I think it's pretty clear that my heart is bursting at the seams over him. He brings me more joy than I ever thought possible and each day I wake up excited to see what fun spending the entire day with him will bring....but I have a boy I love even more than that...yes it's possible.
Jeremy is the most amazing man I know. He hasn't always had it easy in his life. He's had some trials that most people will never experience and I'm not only impressed with, but also humbled by the way he's dealt with them and turned them into positive lessons.
Sometimes it's easy for us to look at people who seem to have it all together and things always go perfectly for and think "wow, they are so good, they must do everything right." But I admire so much more those people who have it hard, and who are given struggle after struggle and are still good and do everything right, especially when the road is not always so easy. That's the real test.
When I was a young girl I dreamed of my husband and who he would be and all the qualities I wanted him to posses. What I didn't dream of is that I would be blessed with someone who had all those qualities and then about a hundred more amazing one's on top of that.
A few of the things I love and admire most about this amazing man are these:
1. He's an amazing mentor and encourager. If you are struggling with anything...big or small, talk to Jeremy. He'll listen, empathize, then solve. And when you're done talking to him you'll leave a better, stronger, more determined person than you were before. In fact, you'll think you can do anything. What a great thing to have in a father...lucky Ty!

2. He's smart. Really smart. Mark my words...my husband is going to save the world. I'm not joking or over exaggerating here. He really is. For those of you who know Jeremy, you know how talented he is. He is a natural engineer, inventor, whatever you want to call it, he just loves to make things, and make things better.
For instance, it wasn't enough for him to buy me a wedding ring....he made it, with his own two hands. And it wasn't enough to give it to me in a normal ring box, which would have been just fine, but he made me a beautiful jewelry box, with a key (made by Jeremy) that locks the box, that I wore around my neck for weeks before the proposal not knowing it would open the box holding my elegant, exquisite, and original diamond ring.
Here's one more example of hundreds: I like pottery and we had an old treadmill that stopped working, it's now a pottery wheel. And everything you see in our house was made with his own two hands from the bookshelves to the four post bed. It's beautiful.
Ok now here's how he'll save the world...Jeremy is studying to be a biomedical engineer. He loves medicine and he's a naturally gifted engineer. He will invent some medical device that will revolutionize medicine. He just will. I know it. He's already developing amazing things that are very successful and you just watch...it will happen and he'll do it.
3. He makes things happen. If you need something done, let Jeremy do it. When there appears to be no other solution, his creative thinking and determination will find a way and you'll be amazed and think "how did you do that?" I see this a lot in the way he cares for, provides for, and protects our little family.
4. Everything he does is to make me a better person. Everything. He is more interested in my success and happiness than he is in his own. If I'm not happy he takes it personally and would do anything he could to fix it. He invests in my talents and dreams and wants to see them accomplished and encourages me every step of the way. He's the same with Ty and already is the best dad I've ever seen in my life.
5. His testimony. Jeremy has a special relationship with his Father in Heaven. You probably won't ever hear it, but if you did, it would drop you to your knees. He doesn't believe in showing it off and would only share it on the very rarest of occasions but it is solid and it keeps our family going. You'd only see it if you watched very closely at the way he expresses it, which is through very quiet service, that most people will never even see or hear about.
6. His gratitude. Jeremy is the most thankful person I've ever known. He really truly believes that everything he has is from God. He is not one of those "look how great I am" people. He is one of those "look how great God is for helping me with that" types. Whenever something good happens to him, listen closely, because he's usually whispering very softly "thank you" and he's speaking to his Father in Heaven. Just yesterday he said to me "I'm so thankful for Ty because he makes you so happy."
I could go on and on and on, but I'll stop there. I love you my sweetheart. You are my hero, and the love of my life and I'm so thankful I was blessed with a husband like you. I couldn't ask for more. Happy Valentines Day my love!
5 comments:
sonja this is so sweet, what a treasure for your posterity. He is a neat guy isn't he.
Wow, what a love letter! You're such a great writer and express your self so well. What a great guy you've got there. But I have to say he didn't do too bad himself.
You are amazing. I love your thoughts. You can put them togehter so well. You have many great talents. That's what I have always loved about. Love ya
What a great gift to give to your boys. I too think that they are equally as lucky to have you!
p.s.This is your sister. I finally set up a new account since I forgot all of my login information. Maybe I will even update my blog after a year!!
Ok, I'm catching up on your blog (I haven't checked it in a while) and once again I'm crying! I echo what has been said about your talents and the way you put your thoughts to words. You obviously have an amazing husband and he's very lucky to have found someone who appreciates him for all of these wonderful things you mentioned. You both deserve all the happiness you've found!
Post a Comment