Monday, June 16, 2008

Fish Taco's and Fathers Day

When I began to stay home to care for Ty full time I thought it would be a great time to work on my cooking skills. And that I did! Only to find out that I don't really have very good cooking skills. I can cook, just not exceptionally well, and I don't really enjoy it as much as I thought I might.

Jeremy on the other hand is really good at it, so we do it together! We always enjoy trying a fun new recipe and this Saturday it was fish tacos. They were so good we ate them for lunch AND dinner! We had a great time preparing this meal.

And while we were busy with the tacos, Ty worked on a little recipe all his own. He discovered that water + dirt = MUD. This was his third outfit of the day.

Jeremy is not only great at cooking. He's good at pretty much everything he puts his mind to. He really has been blessed with gifts and talents and I love how he uses them with not only to care for and provide for his family, but for the good of others. I'm so proud of him for choosing such a noble career. He will literally save lots of lives and improve even more. And he does it with an amazing amount of excellence, confidence, humility, and gratitude. He is truly the most impressive person I know I'm thankful for how he teaches me to better through his example.

I'm also thankful for what a good father he is. He takes such good care of Ty. His family is his first priority and nothing else takes precedence over that. He uses his skills and talents and personality in only the way he can to make us happy and give us everything we need. When we think about what it means to be successful we feel like we truly have it all....and then some, with our little family.

Another thing that makes Jeremy such a great father is that he is a kid at heart. He has all the energy and creativity in the world to entertain and bond with Ty. Just yesterday Jeremy took the afternoon off to spend with Ty so I could work. I came home to find out that they went out to lunch, hiked the canyon together, then shopped around for a place we could all go swimming in the summer together. I could tell by how happy Ty was that he LOVED spending all that time with his dad! And I could tell by how happy Jeremy was that he LOVED spending time with his son.

Although this is a little late, Happy Fathers day to the very best father I know. You are very loved!

4 comments:

BreAnna said...

This is so sweet Sonja, he is a great dad! I can't wait to see all the fun summer things you three do this year!

Sonja said...

wow. Im blushing here. thanks sweete. (jeremy)

Preds Girl said...

He really is a great guy and I bet he is the BEST dad ever!! And I cannot believe how much Ty is growing up!! WOW.

Heather said...

Cute picture of you two.