Sunday, August 17, 2008

runnin'

So last night we went for a walk in Memory Grove and City Creek Canyon. We are tending Jeremy's sister's dog Wicket and thought she and Ty needed to get out. Ty ran what I believe was the equivalent of a 5k for a one year old.

He ran all the way down the canyon and all the way through Memory Grove almost into downtown. Seriously I think it was a half mile, and for a little guy that probably equals at least three. He is such a joy right now. He's almost at 18 months and again, we can't get enough of him! He kept saying over and over while he was running "I fast!"

Also, thanks also to everyone for being happy for our good news. We are thrilled to have another addition to our family and hope that whoever is in there is healthy and happy. I'd like to somehow follow the same exact recipe we had for Ty, he's been such a great little boy and has really made being a mom a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I find myself hugging and kissing him a little bit more than usual and clinging to these moments we have together alone just a bit longer. It's hard for me to understand now how I could love another one as much as I love my Ty guy, but I hear that when another comes along you not only love that one as much, you love them both even more! Looking forward to that!

4 comments:

Jamie "Ozneck" said...

sooo cute!!! did you get a dog?

Emily Dixon said...

that is so adorable!! I will have to race him next time I see him!

Heather said...

I love his little crocs. Too cute!

You look great by-the-way! Such a cute little pregnant belly!

The Metzgers said...

I felt the same way when I was expecting Holden, my second. In the end you just have to remember that you might not have as much time to spend with him, but you are giving him the best thing you ever could, a sibling.