In just a week, next Thursday at 9:40am to be exact, we get to see new baby Cox. I'm so excited, and also nervous. I approach the 20 week ultrasound with excitement and a little trepidation.
First a foremost we want to see the baby. We want to know that every thing is ok. That the human being growing inside me that I feel every day is healthy and growing strong. I just want to see. I still keep Ty's ultrasound photos right by my bed and still love to look every so often at his cute big head. Jeremy will just pour over the photos looking for anything out of the ordinary and worry until the Dr. tells us from his own mouth that everything is ok.
The icing on the cake is getting a peek at the gender. I can honestly say I can't think of anything more exciting than having another boy. And I can't think of anything more exciting than having a little girl. If you were to ask me to choose, I absolutely don't think I could.
Last time I had a feeling about a boy because of a dream I had weeks before. But this time I really have no feeling at all, one way or another. I just know that I want what I've got and I almost don't care so much that I'm almost tempted to not find out. (I would probably give in to the suspense eventually.)
We are just thrilled to welcome our next family member into our home. I think I'd be a great mother of all boys, and a great mother of boys and girls. I just love being a mother to the children that are meant to be mine, and have been assigned to me for a special purpose.
I also know that if something is wrong, and our little one has special challenges, they couldn't be on their way to more loving parents, as well as an exceptional big brother. I look forward to seeing you next Thursday my little one!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm looking forward to hearing the results! I always am a little apprehensive/excited about the ultrasound, too! Hope you're feeling/sleeping a little better these days, I'm sleeping with three pillows - one at my head, I curl around one and have one behind my back. Thank heavens for king-sized beds, but couches seem to work, too! Good luck!
Post a Comment