Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fair Weather Weekend

This weekend we went to the Utah State Fair as well as the Avenues Street Fair. Both were great fun. At the State fair we thought Ty would mostly enjoy seeing the animals. And we were right. The pigs and goats were a big hit! But my favorite part...the one that really got me was when we let Ty ride a pony.

I forgot my camera so I don't have a photo, but for some reason watching him on that little pony made me almost cry with happiness. I know it's weird and I sound like a NUTSO, but it if you would have asked me to trade that experience for a trip around the world, I wouldn't have traded.

As soon as Jeremy put him on that little horse, Ty got that serious but really happy look he gets. And that look in his eyes like "I am so proud of myself for doing this!" Jeremy walked next to him as he rode all by himself.

The other mom's around me were watching their children also and were acting as equally happy and crazy as I was to see their little young one's enjoying this activity so much. As I looked around at them I was half way thinking....man they are crazy as they talk in their high voices and say strange words and lean as far as they can over the fence to wave as their children pass by. Then I did the same exact thing, only probably worse.

(Ty taking a rest at the Avenues Street Fair.)

Being a mom does something to you. It makes you say strange words, speak in funny voices, sing silly songs, act like someone who belongs in a straight jacket, and several times a day makes you forget the world and be present with a special little spirit that has been sent to no one but you. And that makes me more happy than words can express.

Jeremy and I both realized that night that our lives just keep getting more and more fun the older Ty gets and the more things we are able to experience with him. We're both really looking forward to every moment that lies ahead!

3 comments:

The Bingham's said...

Being a parent is the most amazing thing you will exprience. You will be amazed as how much more you will be happy when you get more sweet spirits into your family. I can't wait until your no. 2 arrives and it will be double your pleasure!!

Preds Girl said...

I love reading your posts about being a mom/parent. It is very inspiring!

PS ~ You've been tagged. See my regular blog for details.

Arah Debra said...

I love that you are able to put into words what every mother feels. I wish I could express myself so beautifully. Ty is a lucky boy to have parents that love and adore him so much.