1. I feel weird about going to church today. I have no responsibility. I will go and drop Ty off in the nursery and then go to Relief Society. That feels very foreign and strange, but nice. Especially the part about no early morning meetings with a toddler in tow.
It's been almost three years since I've attended a Relief Society lesson. Do you just sit there? Will we be standing for singing time or something? I never sit for the first two hours of church. I am greeting children, talking to parents, filling in where needed, encouraging reluctant children to come join us, meeting late children in the hall, checking on Ty in the nursery, checking on teachers, talking to the Bishopric, whatever. Now I just sit?
I do look forward to maybe seeing Jeremy more at church. We see each other when we are handing off Ty to attend meetings, asking who was the last person to check on him in nursery, or scheduling who will be where, doing what, so they can feed Ty his lunch. Maybe we'll get to sit by each other during a Sunday School lesson! What are we studying this year? I hope he holds my hand :)..
2. I snapped this cute photo of Ty doing on of his favorite things, playing with letters. I bought him some lowercase letters and wondered if it would confuse him to learn those in addition to the uppercase, but these little one's are so much smarter than I ever thought. It's amazing how quickly he's picked those up. And how many he already knew somehow. Observant little thing he is.

He insisted on sitting on this little stool. I was worried that he might fall off so I stayed nearby, but he did just fine. He sat there for quite a while and I got the dishes done and the floor swept.
3. Jeremy made me a fabulous dinner last night! King crab legs. It tasted so good I couldn't
At one point we weren't paying attention to what exactly he was doing. We just knew he was happy and safe so we kept talking. Then when I glanced down at the floor I realized he'd brought the sandbox inside. He was dumping loads of sand on the kitchen floor with his dump truck. What's funny is it didn't even phase us. We just kept eating.
After dinner Jeremy was nice enough to clean and mop the floor and do all the dishes while I bathed Ty. A little sand on the floor never hurt anyone :) Thanks for the dinner Jeremy, it was the best one I remember in a very long time. And thanks for the clean up too! The kitchen looks perfect.
4. I woke up Saturday morning in a panic. I couldn't remember the last time I felt baby boy move. Then I realized I feel most of his movements at night when I can't sleep. And it's been such a busy week I've been falling asleep on the couch at about 9pm every night then I eventually go to bed and sleep all night. I haven't even woken up to go pee.I think I am so busy during the day I just don't notice. I rarely sit, except when Ty is napping, then I work. Otherwise I'm building sandcastles, making tunnels, or catching grass "hoppas".
We have a heart beat monitor that always brings me peace at times like this. I found out right away that there is still another beating heart inside me and peace was restored to this sometimes over worried momma.
3 comments:
I love this post! What a fun way to record some of what's going on. I love that you and Jeremy didn't over-react to the sand inside. What a great lesson for all of us. I think Brett and often overdo our discipline and need to take it easier. I hope you get more sleep this week!
Oh man! I hope you can get some sleep...that is so frustrating to just lay there and stare at the ceiling or toss and turn. Grrr...
Your boys are so sweet!
Ty is so cute, I love him with his letters, the "x" story is my favorite! It must be very comforting to have the heart beat monitor. Baby Steele is getting big enough now I can pretty much make him move whenever I want, just by bugging him :o) I wake him up every morning to just feel him move.
Post a Comment