Friday, December 12, 2008

I Don't Like It

Recently Ty has started using these words when he doesn't want to do something. For instance:

"Ty it's time to put on your pajamas." He replies, "I don't like put on pajamas."
"Ty it's time to eat dinner." He replies, "I don't like eat dinner."
"Ty, let's change your diaper." He replies, "I don't like change diaper."

You get the idea....anyways, a few days ago I was putting him down for his nap and (you guessed it "I don't like take nap") after a book or two he lays his head on my shoulder while I sing to him the usual songs and then I put him in his crib. This time, as I started the song, he picked up his head, looked directly into my eyes and said, "Momma, I don't like that song anymore. Want different one."

Well, ok, I guess I have been singing the same songs to him for almost two years now. I can see how a guy might get sick of them. I was caught so off guard though that my mind went blank and I couldn't think of anything. I mean I was in Primary for almost three years, you'd think I could remember something. All I could come up with was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. A more lullaby like version. I worked like a charm and is now our new bedtime song.

Another funny thing about Ty is his smile. When you ask him to smile he just can't. I mean he smiles all the time, but just not on que. He pulls all sorts of funny faces instead. And it always makes me laugh out loud! Here is his first snowman, built yesterday. And when I asked him to smile, this is what I got...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

LOL... I LOVE the pic. Noah pulls faces too when I ask him to smile. Sometimes they might resemble a smile, but a really sad one. :)

Noah's thing to say when he doesn't like something is "I don't want..." For example, "I don't want take nap." It may be cute, but what he doesn't want makes me sad sometimes.

Preds Girl said...

LOL. TOO CUTE!!!

That face reminds me of the time I was watching him at work (and no one else was around from our department) and he started making that funny little face that had me crying from laughter. Then finally y'all came back from a meeting or something and got to see the new face--too funny! He had to have been around 4 or 5 months old or something.