

If I had to guess I'd say he's an 8 pounder now. Our third week with him has been great. He fits in so well and it's hard to imagine life without him. He continues to be an easy baby, not much crying at all unless I can't get to him in time. And even then he's calmed as soon as you pick him up. Mostly he communicates any frustration to us with the cutest little grunts and groans. It's actually pretty funny and makes us laugh out loud sometimes. He sometimes does push ups off my chest when we are laying on the couch. Already working on those muscles! He also hates being swaddled! But I still do it for nighttime sleeping once he's pretty much asleep.
He's been easy to put on a schedule because he just doesn't complain about much so we have a pretty predictable day with him. It's not always perfect, but works most of the time. During the day he eats every 3 hours and he wakes up every 4-5 hours to eat at night (except for one night this week were he did every 3. I was so tired the next day!) And when he wakes up to eat he is quick and falls right back to sleep. The longest we're up is 30 minutes. Usually after the second feeding he's back in bed in 15...and that includes a diaper change. He's always been a fast eater, never any longer than 20 minutes and most of the time only 15 and he's full. He's just great. Oh and he's got a really bad case of baby acne too!
As the mom of a second newborn it's been so much more relaxing. I really feel confident in what I'm doing and know what his needs are and how to meet them...so far anyways. Ty however, as my first, continues to provide me with a learning curve. He is struggling and is a different little boy than the one we knew three weeks ago. He is very kind to his brother and loves having him around, I think he's just getting used to the idea of sharing. Which is not a strong point for him right now.
He is more fussy and gets frustrated so easily. It really breaks my heart because I know he's feeling something different and just doesn't know how to deal with it. Maybe it's some jealousy, perhaps fear, or neglect. I bet it's hard at 2 to understand these new feelings. We're really doing our best to make Ty feel as loved as possible but it continues to be an adjustment for him. Maybe this is just what 2 year olds do :) Either way it requires a ton of patience and hard work to get through the day sometimes. Some days we have it all together and things go perfect. Other days it's a complete disaster. Luckily most days are more on the perfect side than not. The disaster days are hard :)
When my mom visited this week she said "Wow you look great and seem to have it all together!" I told her thanks, but to just wait another day or so. Sure enough she showed up on my door step the next day and I looked a wreck and needed some extra help and support :)

For our family activity this Saturday we went to the 3-D movie again...and even mom and Cameron go to go this time! Both boys fell asleep about a half hour into the movie. And we also dropped off my baby brother at the MTC. We got there too late for photos unfortunately. Getting all of us ready and out the door is a lot of work! It was fun to be there to see him off however!
I had to snap this cute photo of Ty last night. Cameron's cousins gave him this cute towel, but Ty loves to wear it around and calls him self "A little blue monster!" and sneaks up to scare mom and dad.
We also went on a trip to the library this week where we found a cute crocodile book that even had teeth. I was teasing Ty and pretended to bite his hand and he said to the book "I'm very disappointed crocodile!" Does he even know what that means? I've never said that to him. I think he watches too much TV :)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, look at those cheeks! I just want to squeeze them. Both your boys are pretty blessed in the chubby cheek department.
What a precious family! I love reading your updates and watching your men grow!
Much love,
Tammy
Post a Comment